SRAM vs. Shimano

HowellingWulf

wow thats quite a difference, not sure what that means but it looks as if the shimano takes a lot of strain

wow thats quite a difference, not sure what that means but it looks as if the shimano takes a lot of strain

Saw on the Youtube comments page that the Shimano moves more because it has more pivot points or something along those lines. They, the Shimano fans, argues that that is the reason that the SRAM RD's don't last.

Agree'd...I am a shimano fan, even if it gets bad reviews...why? Because it never gave me bad experieces before :)

Only ridden SRAM3 and 5 and currently riding mix SLX/XT.

I find the SRAM smoother and easier to change but the SLX/XT more precise.

One of the main functions of RD is to absorb chain slap, so movement is good! (like a shock absorber, no use if it don't move...) :D

One of the main functions of RD is to absorb chain slap, so movement is good! (like a shock absorber, no use if it don't move...) :D

Agree with you. The SRAM seems to have more of a forward and backwards movement on the pulley cage to take up slack where the Shimano moves all over the show.

Agree with you. The SRAM seems to have more of a forward and backwards movement on the pulley cage to take up slack where the Shimano moves all over the show.

My XTR moves a lot so the sram wheelsuckers can't lock on a tracktorbeam :P

Edited by Thumper

My XTR moves a lot so the sram wheelsuckers can't lock on a tracktorbeam :P

Especially in that granny gear you use all to frequently :P

Especially in that granny gear you use all to frequently :P

Bud all you saw was that granny gear and white pant disappearing into the distance!

Bud all you saw was that granny gear and white pant disappearing into the distance!

You know it! Then I got tired of straining my neck to look behind me and just left you in my dust.