This is called respect

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Nice one Kona,

I think the exercise of power is what people object to. ie whether you're on the receiving end or not.  People are generally the same and will tend to do the same things given similar conditions.

20 yrs ago you wouldn't say the ANC was arrogant but that the Nats were.  Today the Nats are gone and the current power holders are coming under criticism.

The jews' relationship with Europe has them as the sufferers, but with the palestineans they have power.

In all these things it's sometimes interesting to remember that a human being is mostly made of three large buckets of water and a pile of carbon.  All the labels re: nationality, religion etc. is just mindstuff that generally gets in the way of people getting along.

My 2cs (or 3)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now, never forget..."The sun never sets on the British Empire"...and as it was so aptly pointed out, we are speaking English. Us English may whine a lot, but at the end of the day, everybody wants to work in "London" and earn "our" currency because its so powerfull. If you dont like the English, bugger off. We have just as much right to be in SA as the afrikaans...in fact we probably have more right to be here.

At the end of the day when all is said and done, us English are superior and we know it. End of conversation.

The Devil is English?!?!

but of course........well, intermingled with the blood of a few American cousins Big%20smile.  Incest was a always a big thing  with the Aristocrats.....keep it in the family an all that, old chap. 

everybody wants to work in "London" and earn "our" currency because its so powerfull.

It's called payback for all the resources you stole.

Why do you think all the people coming over are from the old colonies....it's great 'cause one day there will be no more English...you will all either be Indian / Aussie / NZ / SA /Argentinian etc etc ...........Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile  well except for the ones living in Spain but the Spanish can sort them out.....

At the end of the day when all is said and done' date=' us English are superior and we know it. End of conversation.
[/quote']

Inferiority complexes are so ammusing

Duly noted...but remember, the same applies to the afrikaans. If it was'nt for the English raping & pillaging their way thru SA during the Boer War there would be no decent looking afr girls...they needed our genes.LOL

We never stole resources, they belonged to us all along. It was a colony after all, and ours to use as we saw fit.Wink

um' date=' I think there is something in the fact that we have having this discussion in English, and not German, French, American, MAndarin (Chinese), Russian ext.

Also my many educated friends, war is war? yes?
What did the Rhodesians do to the local population?
The germans to the Jews
THE Afrikaners to the Basotho, Zulu, South African population, Angolans, Mozambiquan's (well just about everyone they came into contact)?
THe Australians to the Abo's
THE USA to the Vietnamese, Iraqi's, ext ext
The Russians to the whole eastern Europe
NApoleon (French) to well Italians, German's Russians....
JApanese to the whole asia?

Well, I think looking back on hind site with 20/20 vision mankind is a bunch of bastards. THE english only being one small group (That is why the scots, welsh, Germans, French and Boere hate them).

Next time you all slag another nation, group ext, read a bit of military history BEFORE you start. No nation is immune to what we today call HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES. But also remember to ask whether this thing called Human rights were around in 1960, 1920, 1890, 1600 ext.

In other words if you are going to relive history make sure what you are reliving is actually true.[/quote']

True but many of those nations have been taken to task for those abuses. The english continue to dismiss what happened during the boer war and refuse to apologise and just because it happened so long ago in no way nullifies what they did. It was the internment and murder of non-combatants!!

and very conveniently forgetting what is CURRENTLY happening in conjunction with their buddies in Afghanistan and Iraq...oh and it's 2007

Ok, lets be honest, SADF would have been an incredible asset over there in Iraq...

Sadly, we'll never all just "get along"

The English hate the Irish,and vice versa

The Greeks hate the Cypriots, and vice versa

Portugese & Madeira...

Aussies & Aboriginies...

Americans & Canadians...

Jews and Germans...

Zulu & Xhosa...

Mtb & Roadies

Its the circle of life my friends...its our reason for living. Without adversity the human spirit would never aspire, and we'd never have Hero's.

What kind of Idyllic existence would that be?

So who fancies a training ride through the Suikerbosrand Nature reserve this weekend?!