Vigne-a-vigne

Carmichael

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How crazy are the amount of DNF's

these included riders that didn't start. It was quite an impressive turnout considering the entry fees and the problems from last year. Have to say that it was wonderfully organised this year - well done organisers!

I found this race quite interesting, not having been on my MTB in ages I enjoyed it, I did quite well on the climbs, but lacked on the descends, could notice my technical experience is not as it used to be. Awesome single track, had a few bottle necks but it was a very plesent ride. I will be back next year! :)

I found this race quite interesting, not having been on my MTB in ages I enjoyed it, I did quite well on the climbs, but lacked on the descends, could notice my technical experience is not as it used to be. Awesome single track, had a few bottle necks but it was a very plesent ride. I will be back next year! :)

Well i am entered already so i will just have to ride as fast as i can so that the water tables are still there when i get in

Bwaaahh!

I really enjoyed it!

The singletrack was amazing, the climbs were hard, rocky and long.

Crashed on 15km, went into cardiac arrest according to my Garmin, then had some gear issues, and lost my mix on 1hr.

But had fun! 1st long mtb event down!

Congrats!!

I really enjoyed it!

The singletrack was amazing, the climbs were hard, rocky and long.

+1

Awesome race, hard and fun. Good mix of climbs and sweet singletrack. Not for novices though. If you got caught in traffic on the ST you were way too slow in the many k's of tar road and open jeep track after the start to get a good position. Ride a bit harder next time!

+1

Awesome race, hard and fun. Good mix of climbs and sweet singletrack. Not for novices though. If you got caught in traffic on the ST you were way too slow in the many k's of tar road and open jeep track after the start to get a good position. Ride a bit harder next time!

Got stuck in a queue in my car entering the farm, got stuck in a queue to get my number, got stuck in a queue at the start, got stuck in queues for the 1st 10km, got stuck in queues in all the st, still had great fun, next time I`ll be camping on the start line.

Got stuck in a queue in my car entering the farm, got stuck in a queue to get my number, got stuck in a queue at the start, got stuck in queues for the 1st 10km, got stuck in queues in all the st, still had great fun, next time I`ll be camping on the start line.

Same here arrived a tad late and again had to give horns to catch the people, garmin says 1778m climbing!

Het jy nou nog nie geleer as n bike race in jou hometown is ... dan trap my met jou bike daarheen!

En nee, hulle het nie locker rooms vir jou backpack nie en daar is ook nie n goodie bag met champagne en tjoklit nie!

:D

vi wie dink jy was daai raad bedoel? vi myself?

A seeded/staggered start would have made a huge difference... I arrived late (my fault) and could get nowhere for the first 5km's. After that I just hated the ride overall and heard many ppl who shared that feeling - my view is that it's very easy to make a ride hard (just send you up every climb available as they did), but that definitely doesn't make it enjoyable. There was absolutely no "flow" to the route and you were never able to get any kind of rhythm going. Just include a few short flat sections in the first half to cover some distance and don't put hairpin bends at the bottom of every single reasonably fast section and it could be a very good ride. I ended up walking at one stage just because I got bored of climbing the whole time and my head just wasn't in it at all...

No complaints here. Great route, TOUGH, but great. Amazing singeltrack, but I would like to see some more technical sections.

anycase...wie het die 29km gery en hoe was dit toe ito bottlenecks? ons het die vorige dag nog markers gan opsit en ek neem aan dat meeste mense seker die 29km gedoen het, wonder ek ma net ;)

vi wie dink jy was daai raad bedoel? vi myself?

Jy praat mos gereeld met jouself!

:lol:

Jy praat mos gereeld met jouself!

:lol:

ha ha ha jaaa boet! ha ha ha

anycase ek het die trail run gedoen die jaar en mos die vorige dag die 29km se extra markers opgesit..die 29km was niks om oor huistoe te skryf nie

en jy? 56 gedoen?