[Event] GP Koning Waterproofing And Roofing Roller Coaster

Events Bot

Aha. Fair enough. Actually wanting to check on a certain person's result; crossed the mat with D/E but started with A to C.

Is it correct to assume that he will then have a minute advantage?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fandacious, on 06 February 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

I'm going up there 530am tomorroy (monday) morning if tankman or elvin want to join me. The view from the top is really amazing.

you guys in?

Nope thanks bud, having a rest tomorrow :ph34r: Yup great view from up there!

Take that rest day, He'll more than likely not pitch either when he makes plans to ride with people.

Luke and Spaceboy, you guys were clearly in the front bunch of the race, anyone of you care to give a small report of the days racing?

I'm going up there 530am tomorroy (monday) morning if tankman or elvin want to join me. The view from the top is really amazing.

you guys in?

sorry, bike going in for major service.

Dont worry Luke, Elvin listened with half a ear.

You correctly said that the worst climb competes with the PUMP station climb.

Not the filling station, do you think that little bump in the road behind the BP "FILLING" station qualifies as a climb? :lol:

The pump station climb is 3.6km with 255m gain

The first time you went over ou kaaps 3.7km with 245m gain (second time is slightly longer)

I would say that comparison is pretty darn close.

My bad, new to the cape, didnt know there is a pump station at the clarence climb, many people refer to a feul station as a pump station and that is why I assumed it is the climb behind the BP gerage and thats why I said I have nothing to worry about.

Never the less I did apologise in my earlier post, because I can understand how he may have felt insulted, it was a poor choice of words.

Take that rest day, He'll more than likely not pitch either when he makes plans to ride with people.

So it is not only me that know Fandacious by this trait!

9 out of 10 time Fandacious has not pitched, wonder if he is blow drying his hair or what?

@Elvin no worries, not picking on you. Ill go and show you that climb some time.

Aha. Fair enough. Actually wanting to check on a certain person's result; crossed the mat with D/E but started with A to C.

Is it correct to assume that he will then have a minute advantage?

The top 8 positions in Group D/E were riders that rode in A/C but went over the mats with D/E. Not fair for the top D/E guys!!

My bad, new to the cape, didnt know there is a pump station at the clarence climb, many people refer to a feul station as a pump station and that is why I assumed it is the climb behind the BP gerage and thats why I said I have nothing to worry about.

Never the less I did apologise in my earlier post, because I can understand how he may have felt insulted, it was a poor choice of words.

no worries dude :P

So it is not only me that know Fandacious by this trait!

9 out of 10 time Fandacious has not pitched, wonder if he is blow drying his hair or what?

@Elvin no worries, not picking on you. Ill go and show you that climb some time.

haha - the 4 passes ride he organised last summer - no show then as well. Headhunter and I rode it together in the end.

The top 8 positions in Group D/E were riders that rode in A/C but went over the mats with D/E. Not fair for the top D/E guys!!

You sure about that? I see Andre du Toit (andydude) won D-E and he is pretty capable of doing that time.

Luke and Spaceboy, you guys were clearly in the front bunch of the race, anyone of you care to give a small report of the days racing?

Sure, here you go...

We started A-C in quite a big bunch and begun the ascent of Ou Kaaps pretty hard, me clinging onto the first bunch until my foot slipped out my broken pedal on the last bend. Shan had solo-ed away from everyone and got up there first by a good 30 seconds or so.

On top I was man alone between bunch one and two so I sat up and waited for number two to catch up and we began the chase. Neil Schaeffer and a few other guys worked pretty hard up black hill and we managed to catch the front bunch of about 10 guys just before Millers Point.

Just after we descended the little climb at the Millers Point boat launch Stu Davies attacked. Greeff, Pete and a CTM guy followed. I gave it a go to follow them, partly to try ride across, but also to get out of the bunch for the climb. I was unable to stand up the whole race as I had a broken pedal, meaning it would have been impossible to respond to an attack on the hill.

I couldn't quite get across and the bunch caught me again at the top of the first little hill on smits. We went up the rest smits fairly quickly, but once on top we hit a bit of a headwind. Soon after Anderson (John and Shan) sat up on the front, as did Brothers Sport as their riders were in the break.

The pace was pretty chilled with nobody being keen to work and the break grew the gap to about 6 minutes by the time we got to Kommetjie. The easy pace continued and at Masiphumelele I rode away from the bunch, again to try and get as far up ou kaaps as I could ahead of any Anderson attacks.

The bunch caught me near the top of the first ou kaaps climb with Shan on the front again. He stayed there the whole way up, with us doing 24-25km/h most of the way and we got to the top in a bunch of about 7 riders with the rest of the guys shelled along the way.

From there on the race was not too eventful - descent not too fast into the slight headwind and nobody really putting the hammer down or attacking all the way to the finish. At this point Pete had been shelled from the break and was back in the main bunch, with Stu, Greeff and the CTM guy taking the top 3 positions with a big lead over the rest of us.

You sure about that? I see Andre du Toit (andydude) won D-E and he is pretty capable of doing that time.

Hey Luke,

There was 1 guy that got away on Oukaap at the start and I'm not sure if we got him again so maybe it was Andre (maybe check with him) Otherwise the rest of the top 7 rode A-C and I'm almost 99.9% sure of that!!

Also, what I dont understand, if guys like Andre are so damn strong why are they riding with D-E?? Surely he should be riding with A-C???

Also, what I dont understand, if guys like Andre are so damn strong why are they riding with D-E?? Surely he should be riding with A-C???

Just remember that the rules state that you can always start further down the alphabet but not further up.

So what if an A rider rides with the D bunch??? An A rider can ride in any other group he chooses but he wont win the race.

Edited by Tankman

Hey Luke,

There was 1 guy that got away on Oukaap at the start and I'm not sure if we got him again so maybe it was Andre (maybe check with him) Otherwise the rest of the top 7 rode A-C and I'm almost 99.9% sure of that!!

He hasn't been racing for long but he's obviously training a lot and making some rapid progress so props to him for that. With the current PPA seeding it is nearly impossible to advance beyond C group anyway. I don't really know what their game is - they have some weird agenda at the moment with A and B group. I wouldn't imagine the winning break yesterday would have got much more than a C seeding. Our chasing bunch will probably get a D index.

@Luke nice race report, but where in the race did Christo Geyer come flying past you guys? :blink: He must have been klapping it :lol:

He started in G bunch and took 22minutes and 13seconds out of Stuart Davies?

@Luke nice race report, but where in the race did Christo Geyer come flying past you guys? :blink: He must have been klapping it :lol:

He started in G bunch and took 22minutes and 13seconds out of Stuart Davies?

Ja, he must have been gunning it at the speed of light - we all totally missed him blasting past us. 44km/h ITT over pretty lumpy terrain - impressive