Co2 Bombs

1hill@aTime

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

muddy come on you can tell me, whisper no one will ever know.

bobby ek's nou bietjie confused, watse valve gaan uitdraai?

shoe,van die tubes se valves kan uit draai,soos bv conti tubes,ek weet tubes soos kenda kan nie uit draai nie,jy sal dit somer dadlik sien as jy gaan kyk

For the MTB a pump is fine.  Tubeless is going to take a while to sort anyway, so you may as well pump the tyre once tube is inserted. 

On the road bike, I get a punture every 18 months or so, so I don't bother with a handpump.  At R15 a pop, a bomb for any puncture is the easiest option.

The thing is if you used a bomb you will have to pump the wheel in anycase the next morning.

Why?? Sorry but this is all new to me.

something about the Co2 is alot thinner than normal air that we breath, and the tube can't keep it in for long periods or somthing like that

TIP from experience: When using a CO2 bomb' date=' make sure that the VALVE IS OPEN BEFORE RELEASING THE BOMB!!!! DAMMIT!!!!! could not understand why there was all this hissing going on and the tyre was staying deflated. Only after the the whole thing had gone nuts did I realise that I had forgotten to open the valve.CryEmbarrassed[/quote']

And dont lick the bomb just after you used it.....http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_8.gif

make another mental note.

here's another mental note for you. when riding with a newbie who gets a pucture, get him to take off his gloves while you help him get everything sorted. as soon as the tyre is inflated, shout "catch", and throw the used bomb at himEvil%20Smile

ja jou tyre sal gouer lug verloor maar jou tyre sal die volgende dag nogsteeds hard wees.....mar ek glo jy verstaan

something about the Co2 is alot thinner than normal air that we breath' date=' and the tube can't keep it in for long periods or somthing like that[/quote']

Thanks for sharing knowledge, learn something new here everyday!!

So helium won't work then... even though it seems like a great plan to reduce weight... maybe i've watched one too many cartoonsLOL

something about the Co2 is alot thinner than normal air that we breath' date=' and the tube can't keep it in for long periods or somthing like that[/quote']

Thanks for sharing knowledge, learn something new here everyday!!

So helium won't work then... even though it seems like a great plan to reduce weight... maybe i've watched one too many cartoonsLOL

why don't you use the helium on yourself, just before you scream "hold you line" or "track left"? that'd be a hoot!

Similar to Humans with gas as wellBig%20smile

I used a bomb on my mtb last wed night.  Have done two rides on it since without having to pump it up again?!  If fact I actually let air out because it was pumped up too hard.

Hello all...

Ridiculously silly question this - apologies Embarrassed...

But assuming you have a tubeless mtb wheel set-up, when exactly will you use a cartridge?

If a serious (seerriiiaaaassss) hole in the tyre means that the sealant ain't working, then you have to put in a tube, and (once finished cursing at all the mess) - you use the normal pump...

Btw - MUST you use the normal pump with a tube - i.e. is using a cartridge more likely to result in a blown tube?  

But other than that - what would need to happen to a tubeless tyre that would require a cartridge - is it only in those cases where the tyre "burps", i.e. it shifts mometarily off the rim, allowing air to escape?

Guess I'm lucky, but have not had to use a cartridge yet.

Don't even know how to use it properly - guess I'll try and figure it out on the day, if I ever need to...

But I still carry a spare tube, normal pump (even a patch kit) AND the cartridge and applicator - since, based on what I've outlined above - depending on the type of 'puncture', I might need either of the two, but each cannot do what the other can - and thus I need to carry both with me?

Am I making sense?

Do I have this right?

Appreciate some clarification....

Ta!