It's raining, its pouring....

Mojoman

Someone needs to turn the tap off now! The river at the bottom of the propert is flooding! We had around 70-80mm since last night alone! Time to get the Sani out and hit some dirt roads!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still cant understand why we in this country don't have better water management, some how being able to pipe all the water down to them.

I was chatting to someone last night saying the money spent on stadiums for the SWC would have been better spent on some more dams before we get into serious trouble with water.

Still cant understand why we in this country don't have better water management, some how being able to pipe all the water down to them.

That is not water management it is serious construction and a lot of money. We have used up most of our catchment areas, the large ones at least. Our river are small and we live in a very arid country.

The next large pipeline will be from the Ash river outfall where the Lesotho highlands water goes into the Klip river Vaal river system to the Witwaters Rand There is still some dams to be built in Lesotho. After that we will have to pipe water overland from the Zambezi.

The biggest problem with proper available water management is the unpredictability of droughts.

The biggest problem with proper available water management is the unpredictability of droughts.

I thought in general that we worked on 10-year-cycles for droughts?

I was chatting to someone last night saying the money spent on stadiums for the SWC would have been better spent on some more dams before we get into serious trouble with water.

PE is already in very serious trouble and there is no money to do what is needed after SWC spending.

That is not water management it is serious construction and a lot of money. We have used up most of our catchment areas, the large ones at least. Our river are small and we live in a very arid country.

The next large pipeline will be from the Ash river outfall where the Lesotho highlands water goes into the Klip river Vaal river system to the Witwaters Rand There is still some dams to be built in Lesotho. After that we will have to pipe water overland from the Zambezi.

Its not just about piping water places. Of course I understand that it would involve huge cost & construction, thats a given. Its starts at home with rain water being collected for purposes beside drinking. In Oz every house has to have them. Water is going to become a major issue in this country, surley the this would outway any costs.

Just seems a waste that with all the rain.