It's raining, its pouring....

Mojoman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

93mm last 24 hours up here at the highest point in Jhb - can't say I am too bothered, lots of indoor chores to do and my mtb is off line: existing Lefty is seriasly still dysfunctional and Mr Postman has not delivered my new Speed Fox RLC! Bad Boy!

My rainguage has overflowed. :(

I emptied it last night at about 18:30, and just after coming back from Babba's it is overflowing.

Eish, why such an early start?

I advise editors of the coastal newspapers for their afternoon editions, which are put together in the morning.

I thought in general that we worked on 10-year-cycles for droughts?

There is no proven models for predicting weather patterns. All is empirical. Not even rainfall measured is the same from one m2 to the next.

Unlike most other disciplines in Engineering where most is done from proven first principles the same cannot be said of Hydrology.

Edited by Big H

Big water projects are under way here in KZN. Construction of a big dam on the Mooi river starts in january between Nottingham road and Mooi river. and there is that big pipeline thats been layed over the last year or so.

I dont know where from and where to though?

There are 2 pipelines. There is a petrol pipe running south of durban and up through tala valley area. But i'm sure the one running down the N3 and through cato ridge area is a water pipe? i would love to know the details, probably on durban.gov website?? i'll look!

There are 2 pipelines. There is a petrol pipe running south of durban and up through tala valley area. But i'm sure the one running down the N3 and through cato ridge area is a water pipe? i would love to know the details, probably on durban.gov website?? i'll look!

Yeah, the Cato Ridge pipeline is for water, we rode past it last weekend. Still doesnt help our friends in the Eastern Cape. They must surley be looking at ideas on how to get more water to the area :unsure: