The Hub

Starvin' Marvin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heard guys talking about "the hub" on a couple of social rides... thought they were a bunch of guys that meet up and visit different pubs on their bikes :lol:

eventually googled it and got hooooked!

I came across the Hub looking for info on renting a bike for the Argus last this year.

Have since stuck around to see what's going on in SA regarding cycling. :D

*I seem to have accidentally time travelled*

Edited by Disylizzy

We are witnessing some of the heavy weight legends of the Hub slugging it out. Stand back-its fascinating. I can't think of better examples of individuals who have such a high external locus of control.

Oi

Hows hoppalong?

I have to have the same op in Jan

Did you find a bike to rent. If so what spec and price to rent.

I got it at Cape Town Cycle Hire. They have 3 different types, just went with the Giant OCR3, was R150/day and they also have bike racks for the car, which was awesome.

When I was at the start, there were a lot of other people that had to rent bikes in my start group, and a few of them got really ripped off. It sounded like I had one of the better deals.

Oi

Hows hoppalong?

I have to have the same op in Jan

Ei. "``Hijack on"``

Hoppalong is a medical miracle. I think they are writing medical journals about him. When I left Moz, that weekend he was doing a 5 to 6 hour training ride for the Epic with a couple of the boys. He started slowly in about late September, creating all kinds of imbalances in the world when some of the boys left him eating their dust on our first training rides. I mean, we would pick up the paper on the Monday and there were reports of volcanic eruptions and crime waves around the world. Now that he's getting back into his rhythm the world is settling down- even the economy's getting better.

You'll be back in time for the KalChal. :thumbup:

"Hijack off"

Edited by Yang

... and BTW, I came across the Hub the boring way- reading about it in Bicycling.

At least something good came from reading bicycling.

I got it at Cape Town Cycle Hire. They have 3 different types, just went with the Giant OCR3, was R150/day and they also have bike racks for the car, which was awesome.

When I was at the start, there were a lot of other people that had to rent bikes in my start group, and a few of them got really ripped off. It sounded like I had one of the better deals.

Sweet. Want to hire a mtb to ride tokai after next years argus.

Ei. "``Hijack on"``

Hoppalong is a medical miracle. I think they are writing medical journals about him. When I left Moz, that weekend he was doing a 5 to 6 hour training ride for the Epic with a couple of the boys. He started slowly in about late September, creating all kinds of imbalances in the world when some of the boys left him eating their dust on our first training rides. I mean, we would pick up the paper on the Monday and there were reports of volcanic eruptions and crime waves around the world. Now that he's getting back into his rhythm the world is settling down- even the economy's getting better.

You'll be back in time for the KalChal. :thumbup:

"Hijack off"

He is an inspiration and I feel a lot more confident

Doctor crapped on me for doing the Otter trail last week

Bugger the highjack :-)

Sweet. Want to hire a mtb to ride tokai after next years argus.

East London? I had some good rides there over Christmas last year- met some good okes and some hot shot riders training for the triathlon......

Yep- he generates a lot of trash talk from the okes half his age that he beats, and hands it out as well. The poms are funny- they more they like you, the more they insult you. Just like Dangle and Big H.

I just checked .... in my new role as freelance moderator, Hi-jacking is not a rule..... irritating yes , but not a rule. Feel safe and proceed..... but keep on feeling guilty.

East London? I had some good rides there over Christmas last year- met some good okes and some hot shot riders training for the triathlon......

Yup from EL we have really quick guys out here. And we are generally nice guys. Must be the sea air :lol:

If you down here again give me a shout can meet up for a ride.