Be the first to know!!!

CWC Online

Guest coenie

I will bet you major money that your brands mentioned gets 1000 times the publicty on the CWC site alone, compared to the millions you spend to market in crappy mags like buycyling. The best marketing is not to bullsh!t people by expensive adds and then pushng and regulating prices, the best marketing you can do is to give a quality product at decent price.

I for one will once again say thanks Chris and keep up the good work.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about price in these times! The best price and service gets my cash and CWC offer both.

I don't really care how they get their stuff or about the rest of the stakeholders.

Free market competition is a bugger! :clap:

I will bet you major money that your brands mentioned gets 1000 times the publicty on the CWC site alone, compared to the millions you spend to market in crappy mags like buycyling. The best marketing is not to bullsh!t people by expensive adds and then pushng and regulating prices, the best marketing you can do is to give a quality product at decent price.

I for one will once again say thanks Chris and keep up the good work.

Perhaps you didn't read what I posted or did not understand it (read it again - slowly) - this is our whole 'mission' - to provide great products at great prices (equal or better than online pricing) - believe me, this is only possible when buying in bulk and committing to huge orders in advance (which ASG is risking every year for 4 years in a row now) - we have countless examples of where we did this (Rudy SWIFT with Photochromic - R1290, New SIDI SDS shoes - R1290, Pinarello FP2 with Shimano 105 R25k inclusive, etc.) - all this through our dealers!

I think your comments are a little unfair and one-sided but thanks for the input anyway.

Don't want to get into huge debate here but it is not that we 'do not sit around the same fire' - we have actually visited Chris 3 times and we have tried to supply them in the past through the official channels. Chris does what he does and that's his business - good luck to him (our official view). I agree it is great from a consumer point of view to get great products at great prices and that's the role he fills when he runs these ‘specials’ - especially in times like these when you have periods where the exchange rate is really good and you can capitalise on that (regretfully at the expense of distributors that have sometimes bought stock at higher rates – but that is the new online challenge J).

From a consumer point of view, pricing is massively important and we understand that - we also understand that we have to meet the challenge guys like Chris (and other online vendors) is setting if we want to continue the business success we have had in the last 4 years.

It is just a little annoying (FROM A BUSINESS TO BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW) when we spend serious money on rebuilding and developing brands in SA (Pinarello, Rudy, SIDI, etc.) - all brands that were badly neglected in the past and then someone jumps in when the demand / awareness has been created with some seriously discounted rates (this then makes our dealers look like they were massively expensive and were ripping off clients!!). We also do not agree with the 'distributor badmouthing and accusations' that generally underpins their communications to the public (but that is our view) - I think they can be successful without having to do that.

For the record (and I will reply to another posting on this topic soon) - it is our ASG mission to continue to negotiate great bulk deals in order to supply quality products (through our growing network of dealers) at pricing that is competitive with any realistic online offers you might see out there. We have launched some promotions (through our dealers) on Pinarello, SIDI and Rudy Project that I am convinced no online vendor will ever be able to beat - feel free to test us on this next time you need SIDI, RUDY PROJECT, PINARELLO, SAN MARCO, FTECH, etc.) – you may be surprised.

WHAT A BRILLIANT POST!

Dont know, or care really, the history on all this (if any) but with an attitude like this im sure business will be good. I'll look out for your brands (obviously the cheapest) ;)

Perhaps you didn't read what I posted or did not understand it (read it again - slowly) - this is our whole 'mission' - to provide great products at great prices (equal or better than online pricing) - believe me, this is only possible when buying in bulk and committing to huge orders in advance (which ASG is risking every year for 4 years in a row now) - we have countless examples of where we did this (Rudy SWIFT with Photochromic - R1290, New SIDI SDS shoes - R1290, Pinarello FP2 with Shimano 105 R25k inclusive, etc.) - all this through our dealers!

I think your comments are a little unfair and one-sided but thanks for the input anyway.

That might be your aim, still I bought a pair of Rudi Rydon's that are by default a more expensive set of glasses than the swift for R1100 where your adverts state RRP of R2300 or a pair of Rydon's so please do not tell me for a single second that you are trying to give us gear at affordable prices through bulk buying. If that was the case you would have been able to supply me with a pair of rydon's for R800.

CWC is a single entity without the bulk power you describe and yet they whip your ass on pricing? Maybe alternativly you give it to the retailers for good prices and then they screw us over. In any event I really am not interested in the regulated market in South Africa, I will direct all my buisness to CWC and what they cannot supply i will get from CRC, and I will reccomend all my friends to do exactly the same. The local market can suffer for ripping us the clients off for so many years.

The distributors can go out to the back and finish their handbag fight for all I care, but the reality is I'm seeing great prices thanks to Chris jnr & Peter (the other good guy who is also making sure he goes to the fight with a handbag full of bricks).

These guys have responded to Chain Reaction by giving us a local choice.

That might be your aim, still I bought a pair of Rudi Rydon's that are by default a more expensive set of glasses than the swift for R1100 where your adverts state RRP of R2300 or a pair of Rydon's so please do not tell me for a single second that you are trying to give us gear at affordable prices through bulk buying. If that was the case you would have been able to supply me with a pair of rydon's for R800.

CWC is a single entity without the bulk power you describe and yet they whip your ass on pricing? Maybe alternativly you give it to the retailers for good prices and then they screw us over. In any event I really am not interested in the regulated market in South Africa, I will direct all my buisness to CWC and what they cannot supply i will get from CRC, and I will reccomend all my friends to do exactly the same. The local market can suffer for ripping us the clients off for so many years.

Wow - not sure where you get your facts from? Sometimes it is better to say nothing and perhaps this is one of those times. Sorry you feel so upset - I honestly think it is for all the wrong reasons but let's leave it at that.

BTW my comments arent just directed at ASG its directed at all the importers and distrobuters and retailers than overcharge the hell out of us. Sure one or two might try to make a difference, but I only see tangable results form CWC.

Wow - not sure where you get your facts from? Sometimes it is better to say nothing and perhaps this is one of those times. Sorry you feel so upset - I honestly think it is for all the wrong reasons but let's leave it at that.

I get my information from reading every available bike magazine, looking at all the sites, and doing a lot of reserach. Oh and lets not forget from personal experiance of being shafted up the ass by retailers.

OK so lets put you to the test then whats your best price you can offer our fellow hubbers on a pair of Rudy project Rydon photocromic glasses? Feel free to backup the claims above now with some tangible proof of lower prices.

BTW my comments arent just directed at ASG its directed at all the importers and distrobuters and retailers than overcharge the hell out of us. Sure one or two might try to make a difference, but I only see tangable results form CWC.

:) the debate about distributors / dealers / online stores is an extremely complex one at best - but from a consumer point of view quite simple: the guy with the best pricing wins! We understand this and that was the basis for my original posting. Hope we can make you feel differently over time about ASG.

:) the debate about distributors / dealers / online stores is an extremely complex one at best - but from a consumer point of view quite simple: the guy with the best pricing wins! We understand this and that was the basis for my original posting. Hope we can make you feel differently over time about ASG.

That my friend would be simple to do. But lets wait and see maybe I am a bit harsh, but i am also tired of this situation we find ourselves in.

+1

:thumbdown: well until the day returns when bikes are priced for what they're worth I'll reserve my comments. All these so called "designer brands" have lost the plot- all marketing and gimmick- call me "old school" but I have yet to find anything over 25k in value that will make you ride faster or better....

As for the industry I support anyone out there making the sport attainable to youngsters- looking at recent advertisements of biking packages starting at 30k for an "entry level" set up I'm lost for words- bikes in excess of 100k- sure the guys in industry are smoking a lot of good stuff if this is their sense of reality.... :P

I get my information from reading every available bike magazine, looking at all the sites, and doing a lot of reserach. Oh and lets not forget from personal experiance of being shafted up the ass by retailers.

OK so lets put you to the test then whats your best price you can offer our fellow hubbers on a pair of Rudy project Rydon photocromic glasses? Feel free to backup the claims above now with some tangible proof of lower prices.

Ok, let me take the bait (possibly against my better judgment):

We do not sell direct (only through dealers) but here is an example on the Rydon model you are refering to - we offer it as a package through our dealers (as mentioned in one of my posts this is one way to give our clients better value even if it is sometimes difficult to match online pricing on an individual item - for countless possible reasons) - see ad under my post for more details. I'll compare our price (through our dealers) with CWC pricing as it is on their web site today?

Rydon with photo clear lenses (CWC price: R1599)

Extra set of smoke lenses (nice ad on for the car - photo lenses react with UV and will not transition in your car which makes the extra lenses a nice ad-on) - (CWC price: R350)

Rudy Project Zuma helmet (CWC price: R800)

Package: CWC: R2749

ASG promotion price (through our dealers: R2300 to R2500 depending on how well you negotiate at your LBS :)) Some of our dealers will even ship this to you FOC!

Believe me to do this (even get close to online pricing) is not easy considering we are the so-called and much hated 'middle men'

On an individual Rydon I guess you will have to negotiate with the store in question knowing what the package sells for.

The new SWIFT model with photo clear lenses is an unblievable deal - it has a great frame and the exact same lenses as the Rydon (we bought over 5000 of them to get the price to a great level) - at R1290 incl at anyone of our dealers I think you will be hard-pressed to find a better deal (anywhere!!).

Why on earth did a post from CWC get hijacked by all this bulldust?? That is seriously UNCOOL. :thumbdown:

I couldnt give a rats ..... who is stepping on who's toes here. ASG well done for upping your brand awereness, but YET AGAIN, thank you CWC for AGAIN looking out for us SA (ripped off) consumers.

I am a LOYAL CWC supporter and irrespective of pricing, I will buy from CWC again and again, SERVICE IS KEY and CWC delivers!!!!!:thumbup: