Abusive Cyclist

Thug

It is people like this that give the whole cycling fraternity a bad name.

While some of us are trying really hard to promote the sport and keep it "clean" there are others that just don't give a damn and think that the roads, sidewalks and bike paths belong to them.

They should be banned totally from the sport and be forced to take up another pastime...maybe pocket billiards...that will be the closest they come to playing sport after I'm finished with them!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2 cents: Generally I find cyclists to be more polite and tolerant than other humans, but sometimes they can be as single minded as a badly programmed android. Perhaps this is because we cyclists actually know a bit about life and how vulnerable we are most of the time.

However, reading this thread makes me realise the youth of today have no respect for their fellow man - is this a product of 'post 94' South Africa?

Standards seem to have dropped everywhere. A policeman won't even be civil to you when he stops you. The postman begs for money and meter readers have become abusive and threatening. Schools are not allowed to punish a child and now there's talk of being fined if one spanks one's own child.

But there are always two sides to a story and George Orwell was right all those years ago when he said, "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
steve2007-10-18 16:22:53

Hmmm...Sounds pretty bad to me. I dont like the thought of somebody swearing at a woman. I say, lets find this useless excuse of a human, and make an example out of him. Those were pretty hectic 'threats' that he made... personally, I wish someone would make my day and threaten me like that! But its not acceptable for that to happen to a woman.

Hmmm...Sounds pretty bad to me. I dont like the thought of somebody swearing at a woman. I say' date=' lets find this useless excuse of a human, and make an example out of him. Those were pretty hectic 'threats' that he made... personally, I wish someone would make my day and threaten me like that! But its not acceptable for that to happen to a woman. [/quote']

Interesting choice of user name smiley25.gif

widget' date=' people from all walks of life know that delta park is the place to take your dogs and let them run. it is common practice to let them loose there and personally i love it - when you see a cute doggy you can call it over to pet it and it gives me an excuse to stop and catch ny breath. all regular mtb'ers know that most of the dogs there are off-leash. if you can't handle your bike around loose dogs don't ride there. also, i think delta is a "dog-friendly" environment so i think they are allowed to be loose there as long as you are inside the boundary fence.[/quote']

Fair enough slowpoke.

I am just pointing out that the lady in question is not blameless, I dont condone brutish behaviour at all, but in reality no harm was done, so I cant see where she wants to go with this. 

Hmmm...Sounds pretty bad to me. I dont like the thought of somebody swearing at a woman. I say' date=' lets find this useless excuse of a human, and make an example out of him. Those were pretty hectic 'threats' that he made... personally, I wish someone would make my day and threaten me like that! But its not acceptable for that to happen to a woman. [/quote']

You are obviously all fired up Satan and thats fine, but what can one in reality do about it.?

Hang around the corner and beat him up?? - well that dosnt even warrant a mention, stand on the corner and verbally abuse him? - Hmmm -!!, post his name and pic here? - "well golly", that will scare him.!

The fact is, its wasting energy on something that has no reasonable outcome, it was wrong ,it was brutish, it was unfair, but thats life, theres plenty of idiots around, ignore them and move on.!

Mmmmm, black bike, all black cycling clothing, u sure it was not one of your buddies Satan as I heard his excuse was "Satan made me do it!!"LOL

Mmmmm' date=' black bike, all black cycling clothing, u sure it was not one of your buddies Satan as I heard his excuse was "Satan made me do it!!"LOL[/quote']

CB love your avatar you taking a **** or whatLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL Thats funny!! I dont make anyone do anything...thats the nicest thing about free will!!

Actually, I was not all that fired up about it... I've had abuse hurled at me before, and so I know what its like. As for the waiting around the corner idea, thats no better than the arse that started all the drama.

In all fairness, we'll never be able to do anything about an incident like this. Its entirely 'hear say'... And we are not 'moral police' anyway. Hey, if I see someone dishing out abuse like that to a woman, then I'll get involved... but here on 'The Hub' we'll never be able to resolve it. The idiot was obviously a coward anyway... if he'd had any real balls he'd hung around... we should give him a scary name like "The Taunter"

Yeah... That has a certain 'ring' to it!! The knackerless taunter!! He should wear a cape too!! To hide his bare ass as he's running away!!

LOL Thats funny!! I dont make anyone do anything...thats the nicest thing about free will!!

Nothing personal man, but with a name like that you gonna take some flack. I thought maybe you were just dyslexic and your name was actually SantaEvil%20Smile 

LOLLOLLOLLOL Satan Clause!!!! Thats funny!! Nope' date=' the name is Satan, and I'm proud of it!![/quote']

You must be one 'hell' of a cyclistLOLLOL