Excited about Mountain Biking

mvrk777

Dont get me involved in your weirdness :o Youre flying solo on this one :rolleyes:

call yourself a friend...pfft! :P

Edited by Capricorn

Nice looking bike!

I concur with rpedro and cbrunsdon:

1) It's worth getting yourself set up properly (for example saddle height and angle, stem height, bar tilt, etc).

2) Read up on a few basic maintenance and repair tasks, you'll realise the importance of this in future.

Otherwise, enjoy :)

i have the 2010 modle of that bike which a slightly better spec'd i see you located in EL when u come down to pe give me a shout then we hit some PE singletrack :) good bike dude solid wont let you down..

Thanks All for the welcome and the suggestions, I can tell I'm really gonna enjoy been part of this forum.

CAP u crack me up, remind me to lock my "steed" away when ur around.

Matty I will definateley shout when I'm in the PE area again. Right now though I have to seriously work on my fitness level. First time out on my bike was soooooo much fun but when I rather reluctantly climbed off I didn't feel to good.

Thanks All for the welcome and the suggestions, I can tell I'm really gonna enjoy been part of this forum.

CAP u crack me up, remind me to lock my "steed" away when ur around.

Matty I will definateley shout when I'm in the PE area again. Right now though I have to seriously work on my fitness level. First time out on my bike was soooooo much fun but when I rather reluctantly climbed off I didn't feel to good.

ye same dude. thost scott seats rape your ass..i just set the angle to be slightly foward and that helped alot..

Dont worry about cap he only loves steeds with deeeep travel :)

so when we hooking up again then buddy? :P

maverick777: as the covester said: down,deep and rough. No kissing, straight in. It's only way to go :P

Edited by Capricorn

mvrk, welccome! Like was said earlier, it's really worth your while to have your bike set up properly. Trying to get it right through trial and error can be a long and painful process.

Two things, and at the risk of repeating here go's. Setup and tubeless. you will be set to gooi groot.

As for riding... just look were you are going, and speed is your friend.

It's been 11 years since I bought my first bike. Fond memories of the afkak that followed.

Hope you love it as much as the rest of the hooligens on the hub.

If you don't want to or cant afford the tubeless conversion, fit tire liners at least, they help a lot (at the expense of weight) but if you just starting off its not a big deal however you don't want to be fixing punctures on the trail whilst everyone is zipping past you. When it comes to replacing the tyres then do it properly with UST tyres and Stan's rim tape and sealant.

And pedals: you will need cleats, and much has bee written, commented and debated on that topic here. Personally I use the common Shimano SPD system, but many favour the more exotic and eggpensive Crank Bros type.