The best shock pump...

Schwinnfan

Hi Hubbers

What is the best shock pump to use. Im around 1.96m and 95kg`s. So my rear shock must be around 10 to 11 bar +-. So my question is, is the RockShox pump you get a CWC for R 270.00 good and tough enough to do the job.

Thanks

Jaco

post-20410-0-45299400-1294064712.jpg

I use that shock for my front and rear suspension, I weigh 105kgs and pump my rear shock to 260psi no problem.

Thats a pretty generic pump - looks like my Giant version. They all rate to 300 psi I think? What made you think it might not do the job?

Why not just use your regular floor pump you use with your wheels? Use an adaptor for the shock if needs be. I mean why get another pump? That's like getting a front wheel pump, and another one purely for rear wheels.

Why not just use your regular floor pump you use with your wheels? Use an adaptor for the shock if needs be. I mean why get another pump? That's like getting a front wheel pump, and another one purely for rear wheels.

You need something that can pump low volumes at high pressure accurately, most floor pumps don't do this well.

Also the shock pump has a little "release" button to let very small amounts of air out...it will be very hard to do with a floor pump

It's the right tool for the job, although I am sure you can make a floor pump work, but at 200 odd bucks it aint worth it

Make sure the pump has a air loss valve on it like the pocket shock DXG.

I use this pump now as I could not handle the air loss with a normal shock pump when unscrewing it esp on rear shock as you battle to know you have the right pressure in.

With the valve you set it release valve ensuring correct pressure has been maintained then unscrew the pump.

This feature is a must.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/PocketShockDXG

• 2 weeks later...

Came accross this website last month when I was shopping for a pump as well...

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/review-pumps-co2-inflators/shock-pump-shootout_620.html

(Topeak was a bit expensive locally, and settled for the RockShox @ R250 from LBS), but yes "predicting" the amount of airloss with normal pumps is... annoying.

If you have the cash take Crasher's advice, otherwise they all are in the same boat.