Dealing with China...Gotobike?

Guest coenie

Guest coenie

Has anyone else dealt with this surplier in China? Can you tell me if they are 100% Did you get your stuff and how did you pay?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay via paypal, just check shiping as it is expensive, also check lead time, are they selling retail. I did this with another company so I know a bit about this. let me know cause that 29er looks lekker. Cheers

Guest coenie

i am also after the 29er, not sure of the lead time. By selling retail do you mean that they will sell 1 or 2 = yes...I wanted to get the HT and some carbon wheels but the shipping is $550 so maybe we could get a hub order together?

Edited by coenie

i am also after the 20er, not sure of the lead time. By selling retail do you mean that they will sell 1 or 2 = yes...I wanted to get the HT and some carbon wheels but the shipping is $550 so maybe we could get a hub order together?

How much is the 29er?

I feel like that 29er frame has popped up with many different brand names on it before on the hub!

Pity about the English on their website (or lack thereof!)

Edited by Edge_Design

Guest coenie

How much is the 29er?

$500 US but then there is still shipping

Guest coenie

I feel like that 29er frame has popped up with many different brand names on it before on the hub!

Pity about the English on their website (or lack thereof!)

What brands are you thinking off?

They are all the same, even the good sites, english sheees not beeg but.

I bought frames from another supplier there and the frames shees lekka, and for 3500 its even more lekka.

I will be interested if youare placing an order.

I'm not going to mention names, but if I'm not mistaken, these frames and other parts are available at quite a premium on the hub... That dual sus frame at 1600g (ex. shock) is stupidly light! With a nice DT Swiss on there you have an 1800g frame... If you get a decent order together, I will try to arrange cheaper shipping for you, I normally pay about 50% of the frame cost for shipping (very approximate) so about half what you are talking about (not going to bother my forwarding agent if the order is too small). I don't want any interest in the order other than arranging the people to help so the people involved will need to arrange to split the costs between them based on the value of their order or some other fair method.

If you use a freight company rather than courier company which will be much cheaper then you will need a clearing agent locally. If your order is over R20k then you will need an importers permit as well (irrespective of whether it's a courier or freight company) so be careful about how you structure a group order like this. It's not as easy as CRC.

This could work out well, I have an import permit, If Edge can assist with the shipping we could do well here

This could work out well, I have an import permit, If Edge can assist with the shipping we could do well here

Its an importers code and i hope you have updated your details with SARS or do so before sometime in Jan (cant remember the date) otherwise you will no longer have your code, they cleaning up there system

Edited by ngala24

My assistance involves getting my forwarders to arrange a quote for freight... At the amount you were quoted, they are probably using a courier company which is insanely expensive. Some of the stuff there looks very nice and they definitely look genuine (especially as I am fairly confident their components are being sold in SA already).

Its an importers code and i hope you have updated your details with SARS or do so before sometime in Jan (cant remember the date) otherwise you will no longer have your code, they cleaning up there system

Thanks for the input... what do you mean by update my details? Is that if you don't import regularly? I import regularly and have never been asked to update anything...

That's actually really funny, looks like some more from here have just popped up now in the classifieds!

Edited by Edge_Design

Customs require all importers/exporters to update there details, ill see if i can find the letter from SARS, i actually think it was before the 1st Jan

Guest coenie

My assistance involves getting my forwarders to arrange a quote for freight... At the amount you were quoted, they are probably using a courier company which is insanely expensive. Some of the stuff there looks very nice and they definitely look genuine (especially as I am fairly confident their components are being sold in SA already).

Thanks Edge, will chat to you when we have a big order....

I am wanting one 29er frame and one set of wheels...anyone else keen?

PM me with your email address and I can send you the pricelist. I have tried to upload it but can not due to the filetype

Customs require all importers/exporters to update there details, ill see if i can find the letter from SARS, i actually think it was before the 1st Jan

Thanks, will see if I can find anything online about it, but haven't received anything from them regarding updating details... I have used my code this month without a problem so hopefully they won't cancel it!