Weightloss Challenge v 1.1

Gravity

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a weightloss challenge?

• Yes, that would be cool
    • No Fatso go eat another cheeseburger

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be maintaining 67.5 which is 1kg more than my lightest weigh in. I would like to think 3 months of gym has added a bit of muscle :D

• 2 months later...

Over a few months I put back on 11kg of the 30kg I lost.

Managed to lose 6 of those in 18 days :clap: :clap:

Edited by chris_w_65

I'm in..

Last year, I went from 138 to 95. Was epic... :)

I've crept up to 115 over the last couple months but am already down to 112 since starting cycling. Keen to get down to 90kg. I'm 1.87m and big boned :)

I'm in..

Last year, I went from 138 to 95. Was epic... :)

I've crept up to 115 over the last couple months but am already down to 112 since starting cycling. Keen to get down to 90kg. I'm 1.87m and big boned :)

Well Done.......

Same here took up cycling to loose weight... My wife says it's working.. 1.9m and pushing the scale at 125kg.... the body of the old prop.

Crept up to 103 over the break from reality...

I've now managed to shed 7 of those kilos in the past 4 weeks. Feeling far better, and they (mostly) fit again!

Despite getting off your arse to cycle, is there a method that you guys follow... Like certain heart rate, my wife old gym instructor said that one needs to up the the heart rate, but to where??

Ideas??

Despite getting off your arse to cycle, is there a method that you guys follow... Like certain heart rate, my wife old gym instructor said that one needs to up the the heart rate, but to where??

Ideas??

It has more to do with what you eat and not how far you ride or at what heart rate

Ideas??

Funnily enough, I haven't exercised NEARLY enough over the past few weeks/months. I've just been eating smaller portions, and "jiggling" during the day. EG: When I'm at my desk, my legs carry on moving, as if I'm doing mini calf-raises all the time. Gets the blood flowing just that little bit faster.

That, and stress. That's a big one in my books at the moment...

In terms of HR though, you're not exercising properly if you're at less than 70% of your max. At least, that's how I see it...

It has more to do with what you eat and not how far you ride or at what heart rate

Yip, also been told that...

Maybe there is a dietician on the Hub that can provide, us "Keen on the weightloss challenge" guys a eating plan??

Edited by DamMTBer

Just by switching back from cakes/biscuits/sweets/junk to healthy food I feel a massive improvement in my cycling. I was struggling to keep up on club rides and now I can break away off the front.

Just by switching back from cakes/biscuits/sweets/junk to healthy food I feel a massive improvement in my cycling. I was struggling to keep up on club rides and now I can break away off the front.

Strange though that a 1500 calorie a day diet makes me perform better than eating 4000 calories a day

Funnily enough, I haven't exercised NEARLY enough over the past few weeks/months. I've just been eating smaller portions, and "jiggling" during the day. EG: When I'm at my desk, my legs carry on moving, as if I'm doing mini calf-raises all the time. Gets the blood flowing just that little bit faster.

That, and stress. That's a big one in my books at the moment...

In terms of HR though, you're not exercising properly if you're at less than 70% of your max. At least, that's how I see it...

Agree'd, if you don't sweat or feel the muscles working..then you not exercising.

• 4 months later...