Thule or Buzz rack?

Dragu

I've got a Bussrack and simply cannot get parts. The clamps that hold the bike in place don't work and I need them repaired/replaced. I bought the Buzzrack from Cajees and they are unable to tell me where to get it fixed!

I strongly recommend that you stay well away from Buzzrack.

For your information Buzz Rack has all spares available in South Africa.

Good idea to get your facts straight before slating a product or company you know nothing about.

I suggest you purchase goods from a different retial store in future.One that will give you correct information and back up service.

You may think that another product is the way to go but honestly another retailer is the way to go...!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragu

I bought a double "ride on" raleigh carrier over December , only paid R1700 for it at my LBS in Rustenburg .

Now I went through the Karoo and back with 2 mountain bikes and a small kiddies bike strapped to the second bike , I am not ashamed to admit that I never drove slower then 170km/h through the Karoo because ........................just because....

No problems easy to hook on and really value for my money .:clap:

Good comment, Did you know that the Raleigh carriers are made in the Buzz Rack factory, in fact one or two of the Thule models are made in same factory....I am telling you this....just because......???

why dont you contact the supplier of Buzz in SA and find out the truth and stop listening to all the B S in the market

Fact. Buzz has a three year warranty and has TUV and ISO tests and certificates on every part of their racks !!!

Opposition only has tests on some parts of the racks.....I am telling you this.....just because.....???

I have got a Thule Euro and it is great . Why look at options when we all know Thule is good.

R3SL

Why get ripped off on price when there is another product available with full back up and comes from same factory.

Thule made in Sweden.........???/ think again dude....Poland and taiwan........???

makes you wonder who is fooling who.......

Well if they are both the same price then have a look at weight, obviously the lighter 1 will b easier to attach to the vehicle and remove (plus a little petrol saved here and there isn't ever bad.

My Uncle is the Agent for Buzz rack so I am giving a unbias opinion here.

Mike tell Cajees they are talking rubbish, they know exactly where, they just dont want to send it.

Fact is MIKE arrived at BUZZ office and his problems are solved. Took about 15 minutes. Wonder if he will make an apology????

Have heard the same issues as Mikesa9, Thule is the way to go

You also buy from Cajees???

I've got a Bussrack and simply cannot get parts. The clamps that hold the bike in place don't work and I need them repaired/replaced. I bought the Buzzrack from Cajees and they are unable to tell me where to get it fixed!

I strongly recommend that you stay well away from Buzzrack.

Perhaps misuse on your part is why the parts dont work.

Try to contact the Distributor in SA and get the real story about availability of parts and back up.

Saris Bike racks are very light and durable!!!Go look on there website bicyclepower.co.za the price catalogue is also on the net

I just returned from the Eastern Cape having driven over some fairly bumpy tar roads and had to stop 3 times to clip my Thule 943 bike rack tilt mechanism back in place after it failed and tilted the whole rack backwards, bike and all at 120 km/h. Fortunately my bike stayed on the rack but did make for a stressful journey. One advantage of buying a Thule rack is that I know the guys at Thule will help me sort the problem out.

Welcome to my World!! Am ready to throw my Thule on the rubbish dump. I have had exactly the same issue as you (which is a relief as i thought I was the only one with this problem). Somehow stopping 3 times on the highway, female with children in car, to sort out bike rack is not such a great experience I can assure you. And this problem happens with just 1 bike (the tandem) on it! Waiting for the Thule rep to visit my lbs so I can address the issue with him.

The buzz rack is quite sturdy I will say, from joburg to the drakensburg then to durban then back to joburg (all in our lovely windy months) with a hatchback and didn't have to stop once to check the rack, was quite impressed.

Had a good long hard look at Thule and Buzzrack yesterday and i must say that the Buzz now looks like a much better deal! For the same money you get much more from the Buzz

I eventually found the distibutor by phoning a rack shop in Knysna as there is not a shop in Joburg who could give me the contact details (try do a Google-nothing). They are based in Midrand and when I got there they were extremely helpful, efficient, friendly and cheap.

But let me make this very clear-the fact that I had to do this research and bust my balls to drive to the other end of the world is clearly unacceptable by any standards.

Sulu-I do know what I'm talking about. After all I own a Buzzrack. Your view may be that Cajees suck and I'm inclined to agree with you, but the fact was that I was inconvenienced by the whole matter. You seem to think that it is only the retailer at fault here which is just silly and I don't think it really merits further debate.

You guys don't seem to be connecting the dots here - Sulu and the distributor both based in Midrand and he seems to be defending Buzzrack. Hmmm...

Sulu if you are involved with them please just tell us

Mikesa9 - please post the contact details for the Buzzrack guys here then we all have it and know where to go if our lbs can't/won't.... help us

Their number is 010 224 0316 (yes, the area code is correct). Speak to Sue.

Weight Weenie, I may be wrong, but I think Sulu and the distributor are one and the same.

• 3 months later...

Well if they are both the same price then have a look at weight, obviously the lighter 1 will b easier to attach to the vehicle and remove (plus a little petrol saved here and there isn't ever bad.

My Uncle is the Agent for Buzz rack so I am giving a unbias opinion here.

Mike tell Cajees they are talking rubbish, they know exactly where, they just dont want to send it.