UPDATE: Does anyone know Preston Luke Scott from KZN

chris c

xc7000...what a chop.. around new year pm'd me interested in buying an item i was selling. He confirmed he was taking it and subsequently disappeared. Sorry i don't have any information to add.

Whoever is going out to kick his butt please throw in an extra klap from me.

thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE tell me you went to the police, would teach him a lesson not to do it again and will put these fraudsters behind bars

I did one better... Bid or Buy takes that kinda fraud VERY seriously as it brings down the name and reputation of their site. They were very keen to prosecute, so I handed over ALL my findings to them and they said he's likely to go away for anything up to 15yrs

Hi guys,

I spoke to a contact at absa and they have given me a adress of..........

Hope this helps...

Just be careful posting those details publically for your friend's sake... those are confidential details and I am sure ABSA can check who searched for the account details today if they wanted to. I don't think even the police should be able to get the details of a bank's client without a warrant. I hope I am wrong, but your friend might be in a position to have legal charges laid against them for providing that info.

Guest agteros

shawn, rather delete your post and address and PM it to Chris. If something comes of this, the pvt information (which could also be incorrect) may land the wrong person in trouble.

use it dont use it, but my guess is that what you have done is very risky

I agree with Slowbee. The information posted is confidential. Making it public might get both you and your contact in hot water... Rather deal with it in private

Just be careful posting those details publically for your friend's sake... those are confidential details and I am sure ABSA can check who searched for the account details today if they wanted to. I don't think even the police should be able to get the details of a bank's client without a warrant. I hope I am wrong, but your friend might be in a position to have legal charges laid against them for providing that info.

+1, +2 +3 = 6 plusses

Ive only been part of the hub for a couple of weeks now, but I must give it to you guys! Help is freely available.

Thx 4 all the inputs and help - hopefully we can sort this out

You are correct.

i'm quite interested in buyer/seller protection so followed this thread closely.

However i don't necessarily think a full rating scheme 'a la' e-bay is the answer. people are suggesting that certified ids must be used to prove identity. imagine the hassle that will create to manage and then what, you're standing behind a very fakeable certified id?

any rating /trust system would have to ensure that the buying/trading process isnt made too onerous for everyone to use it.

are bad deals such a problem here? there's maybe only one every 2/3 months (that seems to flare up, might be more we don't know about). and look what happens a massive hoopla gets thrown? judging by the amount of traffic the classifieds get, there must be hundreds of deals successfully going down every day.

i'm still a bit shocked that it even happened in the first place, granted i'm not one of those been fleeced and have hindsight without his convincing phonecalls. this oke got R30k without giving any real sort of credentials?no one even met him in person? the ones he did just seem too stupid, its possible he might even have hacked that ro3 account just to put you off the scent. i'd be really surprised that he'd pull this scam and use his real name too.

but maybe he is pretty stupid afterall, since the gem for the day is off their website

Reverse osmosis is osmosis in reverse.

but wait, there's more!

A plant cell is a semi permeable (water flows through the membrane but salts don't) membrane with the living stuff on the inside in a salt solution.

http://www.globalro3.co.za/index_files/RO3_Process.htm

Edited by SteveCT

I'm for the rating system. So far I've had positive and negtive experiences and would like to share that with other Hubbers.

I agree with the rating system.

If it works for e-bay it should work here.

Maybe more personal details should be taken when you sign up, they don't need to be shown to everyone. Then if something like this happens the administrators can help.

Just my cents worth..

I did one better... Bid or Buy takes that kinda fraud VERY seriously as it brings down the name and reputation of their site. They were very keen to prosecute, so I handed over ALL my findings to them and they said he's likely to go away for anything up to 15yrs

You are my hero! :P

I agree with the rating system.

If it works for e-bay it should work here.

Maybe more personal details should be taken when you sign up, they don't need to be shown to everyone. Then if something like this happens the administrators can help.

Just my cents worth..

The thing with Ebay though is you have ro register your details with them - The rating sysytem has to many flaws to be the only system. It needds to be personal details, I dont understand what the big deal is with supplying these.

Impressive detective work going down here. Hell hath no fury like a Hubber scorned.

hahaha! Funny enough , lastnight I watched the movie Taken.

Now THAT is some hard core hunting down! hahaha!

i'm quite interested in buyer/seller protection so followed this thread closely.

However i don't necessarily think a full rating scheme 'a la' e-bay is the answer. people are suggesting that certified ids must be used to prove identity. imagine the hassle that will create to manage and then what, you're standing behind a very fakeable certified id?

any rating /trust system would have to ensure that the buying/trading process isnt made too onerous for everyone to use it.

are bad deals such a problem here? there's maybe only one every 2/3 months (that seems to flare up, might be more we don't know about). and look what happens a massive hoopla gets thrown? judging by the amount of traffic the classifieds get, there must be hundreds of deals successfully going down every day.

i'm still a bit shocked that it even happened in the first place, granted i'm not one of those been fleeced and have hindsight without his convincing phonecalls. this oke got R30k without giving any real sort of credentials?no one even met him in person? the ones he did just seem too stupid, its possible he might even have hacked that ro3 account just to put you off the scent. i'd be really surprised that he'd pull this scam and use his real name too.

but maybe he is pretty stupid afterall, since the gem for the day is off their website

but wait, there's more!

http://www.globalro3...RO3_Process.htm

With living stuff on the inside... How very scientific.

They should be like ebay. You first have to confirm your identity with a creditcard. I hate putting money in someones account if I don't know that person. Chainreactioncycles is safer and ebay.

Hope you guys get this guy.