Power balance scam? (news24 article)

brad890

I appreciate your input and kind words earlier. You have Faith, which allows you to overlook the many inconsistencies in religion, but I truly believe that you are sincere in the good of your beliefs, but many professed religious people are not and many of these are church leaders etc.

Thomas Calvin was notorious for burning non-believers upwind of the fire, so they died more slowly. The inquisitors used fake knives with retracting blades so they could select witches ... The crusaders burnt synagogues full of women and children in the name of Christ .. The Catholic church was complicit with Hitler (who was religious) in the persecution of Jews ... the list is endless. They truly believed.

If you dont have Faith, its not something you can just switch on or off. You cant be "forced" believe. Either you do, or you dont.

BUT, dont make the mistake of thinking we are not well read. Most atheists know the bible better than Christians, because we read it all in the hope that we can understand your beliefs.

A God that murders 42 children with wild bears because they called a prophet "baldy" Psalms about basing babies heads against the rocks. A woman is not raped if you marry her afterward ... woman must always defer to a man, that includes not being allowed to speak in church (my wifes church locally at one point) its all pretty sad. Feel sorry for the Jehovas witness who are not going to heaven unless they are male, dead, Jewish and virgins on top of that.

I fear that I must wade into this fray! Yet I thank you all, believers or non, that we are no longer on the subject of silicone bracelets.

Stratus. I am not sure if you are an atheist, agnostic or nonreligious. My indescision based on your ramblings.

Many religious attrocities have been committed 'in the NAME of God'. This in no way implies that the one in whose name the attrocities were/are committed was complicit in these attrocities. As men we tend to use many excuses for our evil and worthless actions, the main tendency being to blame it on others.

Hitler USED religion and the name of GOD to his own ends. He did not just persecute the Jews (because they were wealthy and non-arryan) but largely because they believed in God. He persecuted Gypsies because of their hereditary bloodlines. Gays because - well because he didn't like gays and Jehovah's Witnesses because they refused to relinquish their beliefs, bow to any man or denounce their GOD. The religions that he used could just as easily stood up for their FAITH, if they had such FAITH.

The GOD of the Bible judged many nations, who worship false gods to the extent that they sacrificed their Children to same. He used his chosen nation at the time, as well as biblical prophets to judge these nations for their evil ways.

The children you refer to who mocked Elisha are only 'children' if you read common english translations of the bible.

The Greek word kraton as it is applied here means 'youths' - somewhat different I am sure you will agree. Youths can well be teenagers, 16,18 almost adult, and act in a way no different from their parents. Even today a youth can be held accountable by law, yet a child can not.

As you have 'read' the bible (bearing in mind the difference between read and study) please post scriptures relating to the bas(h)ing heads against rocks, and marrying raped women. Answers will then follow to refute your misunderstanding.

As to your last comment about Jehovah's Witnesses, it is apparent that you have neither talked to them or studied their beliefs.

They do not think they are going to heaven. They would have to be dead if they were. Those they believe are going, can be either male or female.

They are not Jewish.

I can hardly wait until you start on the Muslim faith.

If you are going to spout, then get your facts straight before you do.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, nice theory which leads me to another absurd thing that Christians believe in. What you are effectively saying is that God can intervene in the natural world and cause earth to flood in order to murder millions of people he is not happy with. Through prayer, Christians believe God can intervene in peoples lives in order to make their prayers come true i.e. Dear God, please help me get that job, win that contract, win my rugby match, save me from car accidents etc. So in order to answer peoples prayers, God has to physically intervene/interfere with other peoples minds, businesses, drivers, rugby players etc.

So if God can interfere to answer Christians prayers, or flood the earth to murder people, why can't he interfere when six month old babies are getting raped and the cries of anguish and pain reach right up to God's ears in heaven? Simply put, because there is no God otherwise he is a monster of note if he allows this to happen without interfering, but will interfere when that good Christian needs a job or needs to be kept safe or needs to win that rugby game i.e. picture Blue Bulls praising God for the victory. God had nothing to do with it. What if the other team also prayed to win the game, but God in his mysterious ways ignored their prayer, physically interfered and made them play crap rugby, in order for the Bulls to win. But he can't interfere with a rape? This only makes sense if there is no God.

Come one be realistic, The Bulls winning :lol: Next minute who will tell me that God walked on water

Okay, nice theory which leads me to another absurd thing that Christians believe in. What you are effectively saying is that God can intervene in the natural world and cause earth to flood in order to murder millions of people he is not happy with. Through prayer, Christians believe God can intervene in peoples lives in order to make their prayers come true i.e. Dear God, please help me get that job, win that contract, win my rugby match, save me from car accidents etc. So in order to answer peoples prayers, God has to physically intervene/interfere with other peoples minds, businesses, drivers, rugby players etc.

So if God can interfere to answer Christians prayers, or flood the earth to murder people, why can't he interfere when six month old babies are getting raped and the cries of anguish and pain reach right up to God's ears in heaven? Simply put, because there is no God otherwise he is a monster of note if he allows this to happen without interfering, but will interfere when that good Christian needs a job or needs to be kept safe or needs to win that rugby game i.e. picture Blue Bulls praising God for the victory. God had nothing to do with it. What if the other team also prayed to win the game, but God in his mysterious ways ignored their prayer, physically interfered and made them play crap rugby, in order for the Bulls to win. But he can't interfere with a rape? This only makes sense if there is no God.

God has been shown to provide divine cures for cancer etc. Sadly Satan has also cured an equivalent amount of atheists.

The really sad thing is the way the two of them discriminate of course ... Not one amputee or Down's child has been cured. If you can cure a cancerous lump on the brain, why not fix Downs syndrome whilst you are about it?

How hard can it be to regrow a finger? If you believe, the bible says nothing is impossible. Except irrefutable evidence of course :blush:

.............. :lol: Next minute who will tell me that God walked on water

like the guy said.

.."Look mister, I don't care who you are, but nobody, NOBODY calms the sea when I am surfing"....

Sorry, I really tried ... must resist ... cant .. dammit

A very religious friend of my wife collapsed and miscarried a child last night after years of trying to conceive. She is going to survive, but after months of God being credited with the original conception (The couple of R100 000 at doctors and clinics trying to undo a flaw in Gods design was not credited), her friends all waded in with "Praise God, because only he understands what you are going through". ????

Did God/Jesus promise you personally that there would be no suffering on earth?

I fear that I must wade into this fray! Yet I thank you all, believers or non, that we are no longer on the subject of silicone bracelets.

Stratus. I am not sure if you are an atheist, agnostic or nonreligious. My indescision based on your ramblings.

Many religious attrocities have been committed 'in the NAME of God'. This in no way implies that the one in whose name the attrocities were/are committed was complicit in these attrocities. As men we tend to use many excuses for our evil and worthless actions, the main tendency being to blame it on others.

Hitler USED religion and the name of GOD to his own ends. He did not just persecute the Jews (because they were wealthy and non-arryan) but largely because they believed in God. He persecuted Gypsies because of their hereditary bloodlines. Gays because - well because he didn't like gays and Jehovah's Witnesses because they refused to relinquish their beliefs, bow to any man or denounce their GOD. The religions that he used could just as easily stood up for their FAITH, if they had such FAITH.

The GOD of the Bible judged many nations, who worship false gods to the extent that they sacrificed their Children to same. He used his chosen nation at the time, as well as biblical prophets to judge these nations for their evil ways.

The children you refer to who mocked Elisha are only 'children' if you read common english translations of the bible.

The Greek word kraton as it is applied here means 'youths' - somewhat different I am sure you will agree. Youths can well be teenagers, 16,18 almost adult, and act in a way no different from their parents. Even today a youth can be held accountable by law, yet a child can not.

As you have 'read' the bible (bearing in mind the difference between read and study) please post scriptures relating to the bas(h)ing heads against rocks, and marrying raped women. Answers will then follow to refute your misunderstanding.

As to your last comment about Jehovah's Witnesses, it is apparent that you have neither talked to them or studied their beliefs.

They do not think they are going to heaven. They would have to be dead if they were. Those they believe are going, can be either male or female.

They are not Jewish.

I can hardly wait until you start on the Muslim faith.

If you are going to spout, then get your facts straight before you do.

WOW!

I would say those that pray like this might have missed the point.

Jesus said, this is the way you should pray:

Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread,

and forgive us the wrong we have done

as we forgive those who wrong us.

Subject us not to the trial

but deliver us from the evil one.

Quote:

Why would a supernatural being (son of god) be even the slightest bit worried about being crucified?

Who said he was in the slightest bit worried, did he tell you that too?

i mailed power balance both SA and AU and want a full refund

You :angry:

:offtopic:

But I do hope you get refunded from both of da swines. Especially with the AUZ$ as strong as it is.

I shall pass no judgement on your original decision to purchase one however, suffice to say - good investment.

Edited by The Drongo

jeepers the whole thread went to the dogs....

one thing ive learnt, if you want to follow God, good, if you dont then you dont.

its simple.(everyone is entitled an opinion and choice).

its the embarassing stuff religion (all of them) brings to the table that splits everything apart.

anyhoo hope this things doesnt get uglier than it already has.