Road vs MT Biking Attitudes

janneman72

Even Andy Schleck thinks the same:

Andy Schleck's New Team Revealed( http://bit.ly/etpyhP )

" but we want to have a team that does it with soul."

“I think that a lot of—if you will excuse me—bull**** has taken bike racing away from the people: too many scandals, too many political or technical issues that have taken the spotlight off of the beauty of the sport. "

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the guy on the bike, regardless of it being a road or MTB bike, you get cool, social guys and you get the other school.

My favourite road club ride: we meet at dawn by an anomynous petrol station, quick prayer and route description in Afrikaans(I am German and dont know what is being said), and then it is 'balls to wall' for 90 mins. Show no weakness, no emotions, best: don't talk. On the way back its a sprint for the line, then everyone turns off to go home. It is absolutely and strangely awesome & exhilirating, every single time.

My favourite (first) mtb club ride: coming late we join a group coming the other way. Yes, it is the right club. 'Come along, we are doing a 70km slow ride'. Are you roadies? Yes. never mind. After 3 hours I know everyone by name, their full life story and favourite cycling events. I have also seen parts of my area I didn't even know existed.

It is the same cycling club!

I just love this sport :D

Ok so what does this post tell us... roadies are grumpier, but mt bikers complain more? Come on guys, to each his own. If a you greet a 2m giant in a club and he snarls at you, are you going to generalise that all 2m giants are grumpy, stubborn, can't ride a mtb, looks dumb, is windgat, etc.?! Personally I like to greet (head nod or finger wave) all cyclists (as if that makes me a better person), but just because somebody doesn't greet, socialize, talk, smile... doesn't make them bad. I'm a roadie, but also recently bought a mtb. Looking forward to both.

Maybe that's why the cars don't like us - we don't greet them!!

I don't know what you guys are talking about every body greats me on my roadbike and on my MTB

Are you female cause then that does not count...

It is almost like the scene of old dogs... If a female is near they jog, if not they walk. Same with male cyclists...

If a you greet a 2m giant in a club and he snarls at you, are you going to generalise that all 2m giants are grumpy, stubborn, can't ride a mtb, looks dumb, is windgat, etc.?!

Contrary to what you may have heard Wolverine is none of those ;) - I still wouldn't upset him though :(

:lol: :) :D You guys have it all wrong man ! Its this positioning thing with the low handle bars of these road bikes ,when you griping down there you cant see squat further then 3 metre straight ahead of you .................

Maybe it's just us in the souf, but some greet some don't (from runners to roadies to MTBr's). Those who do it's cool, those who don't so what :unsure:

I find most do greet back and I ride road and MTB almost equally, is it really an issue :rolleyes:

Agreed Big S

There are just some miff people, roadies,mtb'ers , runners, paddlers....etc

agge no man, this thread had the potential for a lekker fight, now everyone has gone all soft and diplomatic :huh:

Then why did the guy in his Dunkeld kit riding a Spez 29er keep on jumping the red lights on Ontdekker last Sunday. After the 3rd light (that I saw) he got a puncture with his hollier then though tubeless wheels and the hole did not want to seal. For a few km he kept on flinging sealant up but no holes were sealed. Karma is a b!tch.

MTB on tar. That might be the issue.

Are you female cause then that does not count...

It is almost like the scene of old dogs... If a female is near they jog, if not they walk. Same with male cyclists...

Well at least we now know roadies are nice to woman that's a start, and at the druiwe fees race I did not see a single gel wrapper in the road

Well at least we now know roadies are nice to woman that's a start, and at the druiwe fees race I did not see a single gel wrapper in the road

That is weird...

Then you must see how nice goaties are towards the better looking sex.

That is weird...

Then you must see how nice goaties are towards the better looking sex.

Oh I know all about that first time I felt a hand on my as I was like what the hell but turns out the guy was helping me up a hill

What the hell is a true mountainbiker doing on Ontdekkers?

I ride on Ontdekkers (well, the service side road actually, too freaken scared to venture onto Ontdekkers itself) on a MTB. For one i am a tad too big for a road bike, and secondly until my asthma is under control i cannot go to NF, and thirdly because i am doing my all to get fit and lose a few, i am using the roads to pile on distance.

Also, we have been so busy lately that it is just easier to ride from our front gate instead of a 45 min drive to NF or anywhere else to go and ride.

But man i am missing the dirt roads :( Will get back there soon i hope.

Oh I know all about that first time I felt a hand on my as I was like what the hell but turns out the guy was helping me up a hill

:clap:

thanks for the laugh... One does get a funny look if you try to help. I know that way to well :)