To license or not to license that is the question ..

Zeps

Well one needs to be quite good to be in cat 4? For if I understand correctly the first 600 rider’s according to ability (men and ladies) will make up cat 2-4?

The way I understand it is that it's the top 600 licensed entrants. If race results are a rough guide to seeding, then for a race like 94.7, anyone who finished faster than 2:43 this year would be eligible. That's most of the currently licensed bunches, most of the A bunch and a fair amount of guys from B-D.

Edit: you'd likely get even slower riders than that, since many of the A-D guys probably won't license, so others who have licensed can fill the spaces.

Edited by Edam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what club did you belong to?

Used to ride with Outriders. Well, only once or twice, but it seriously DIDNT gel with me. Now, its me myself and I and whoever want to join in my weekend rides :thumbup:

Edited by Scultura Rider

Stop worring about th license guys.No need to waste your money and time to get one.You think anyone is even going to ask you for it....please.Well at least not here in the Cape they won't.That will entail that someone actually has to do some work.I bet there will be no checks on license,kits etc.

license checking is done automatically online during race entry in kzn (if no license then day license added to your entry), and now this year i think a lot more online entry sites will be doing it

If you guys are talking about SABC TV licence then don't do it, they will even chase after you for money when you are dead :lol: :lol:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that Gavin Kilpatrick (aka as Spartikus on the hub) has started a cycling club - Cyclelink CC. Cost is also R50.00 - hubby and I are going to be signing up with Gavin.

Mich

Hey PG, OK we did it with Cyclelink (3 of us ....) and it took exactly 24 hours and the licence was in my grubby paws.

Well done to Gavin and CSA :clap:

Hey PG, OK we did it with Cyclelink (3 of us ....) and it took exactly 24 hours and the licence was in my grubby paws.

Well done to Gavin and CSA :clap:

That is brilliant news. He's a great guy. Just waiting for pay day and hubby and I will be officially signed up. Forms are ready and waiting. :thumbup: What can I say but it's been a hectic month with back to school and school fees :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Could anyone explain to me why it is necessary to be a member of a club in order to get a licence.

This doesnt seem to serve any functional purpose and simply costs me more money for no actual gain.

Could anyone explain to me why it is necessary to be a member of a club in order to get a licence.

This doesnt seem to serve any functional purpose and simply costs me more money for no actual gain.

Guess it is so that the clubs don't die. You can probably ask the question why take out a license as we can not see it serve any function.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to PG and Bigs for your support as well as the other hubbers that have supported my club and I hope to give the service to many more and to those who have taken the license out may you enjoy pain free entries :)

Hi

Other threads seem to indicate that the world is ending quite soon so think the day licence route will give the best long term return.

if you are planning to do 4.5 races or more a year it would be beneficial to join the club as it saves ALOT of admin when entering