• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Nance :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The ladies from the south, the best :thumbup:

:blush: :rolleyes:

Thanks BB!!! they make us out of tuff stuff there...

Jax!! those are fantastic pictures!! :clap: pity I only saw all of that in the dark :blush:

Got a 3 minute video on my Gopro of the descent into the Grootrivier Valley, as well as the crossing.

The crossing over the main river is on my website: www.tablemountainbikers.co.za

Got about 20 clips which I posted to Ecobound. Wonder whether they will use some of it.

So its no more support vehicles on the route.

Best change ever.No more leap frogging bakkies and eating their dirt :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonder if that also applies to the last 2 checkpoints, dont think so.

e mail says support, I am sure it refers to the 20 early entries.

You have to feel for the Merrell teams - car got stuck in the mud after checkpoint 3 and they had to bum lights at checkpoint 4. All this while sitting in 4th or 5th place overall. Doubt they're going to send their backup vehicles along the route again.

I reckon if the Merrell guys were worth their salt they would have thought about putting their lights on much earlier like the top 5 teams did do in any case....planning is everything when on the go and those front teams had lights on from 2, as they expected traffic and stuck cars. pretty basic to give that one thought.

His mate looks pretty happy to be there.

:lol: I didn't want to be the first to post the observation!

:lol: I didn't want to be the first to post the observation!

:clap: :clap: Also wanted to comment on that a while ago :lol:

His mate looks pretty happy to be there.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had to scroll back up to see what you were talking about. And i thought men were not supposed to wear red shorts.

After readin all the posts about the race i am keen to do it next year.Sounds challenging but alot of fun too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Wil6,

The Trans Baviaans will be aired on Supersport - we will confirm the dates and feed back to you as soon as it's available.

Any news on when it will be aired on Supersport?

• 8 months later...

what's the general road surface like on this ride? Are there lots of corrugations, rocks, sand, all of the above.. or is it pretty smooth? I guess there is no single track and very little if any jeep track, just endless kays of district road?