stolen bike?

Brett

It still leaves us with the bigger question...how do we as concerned citizens of all race and colour stop this scourge of stolen bikes?

What do we do?

Sorry, but as much as I would like to...I do not think the SAPS will actually give any time to a person walking into their shop with a picture of someone on a bike...

we are SA and our way of doing things are very different from any other place in the world...

I would like to be pro-active but unfortunately I'm a realist most of the time...

Exactly Cassie - Lets be more pro-active. Take back the streets from these criminals - Whoever these criminals are.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, report it to the coppers, neighbourhood watch,your local security company, but the dude that stops me to question why I am dressed the way I am, riding a R60k bike, is going to have a complaint laid against him at the police station.

Ja, the cops would love that...like they don't have enough time wasting incidents to investigate.

Ja, the cops would love that...like they don't have enough time wasting incidents to investigate.

It's not whether they like it or not. Lots of jobs come with things you don't like doing, but that's your job. I am a citizen of this country,and their duty is towards me, the same as any other citizen.

If someone aproached me while riding my bike in old clothes I would get pissed myself.

Why not test the guy by asking him if he wanna sell it to see if he knows the value or whether he knows anything about bikes before taking it further.

It's not whether they like it or not. Lots of jobs come with things you don't like doing, but that's your job. I am a citizen of this country,and their duty is towards me, the same as any other citizen.

Get real , it would not happen.

Get real , it would not happen.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll try a positive attitude instead.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll try a positive attitude instead.

Im not saying dont try with the Police, as you may be pleasantly surprised, but they might just laugh at you.

Im not saying dont try with the Police, as you may be pleasantly surprised, but they might just laugh at you.

I don't see who else to try with. Take any other course and you become part of the overall problem in this great land.

If someone aproached me while riding my bike in old clothes I would get pissed myself.

Why not test the guy by asking him if he wanna sell it to see if he knows the value or whether he knows anything about bikes before taking it further.

I agree. There are non offensive ways of finding out.

As for the police... my previous dealings with them do not exactly inspire much confidence

I agree. There are non offensive ways of finding out.

As for the police... my previous dealings with them do not exactly inspire much confidence

I hope for your sake your bike never gets stolen. There is nothing offensive about asking someone about their bike? Its all youre doing.

Dont go in with all guns blazing and accusing anyone. You could be a pink bunny riding that bike, If you look suspicious why not ask a simple question.

I hope for your sake your bike never gets stolen. There is nothing offensive about asking someone about their bike? Its all youre doing.

Dont go in with all guns blazing and accusing anyone. You could be a pink bunny riding that bike, If you look suspicious why not ask a simple question.

Thats exactly the point I am trying to make Caerus, its the way you ask.

And thanks, I too hope my bike never gets stolen :clap:

• 3 months later...

Just to close this off and put peoples minds at rest...

Im not racist. it was a description. wasnt a great description and im sorry. next time...better ;-)

I followed the guy numerous times. Dealt with cops and all. Anyone that said the police dont really care... well they are right at the same time as being wrong. there are thousands of reports for stolen bikes so they just dont have the time to sift through them all. and one officer told me most of the time people claim through insurance and are not worried what happens further (they just need to make a case at police station for insurance purposes. ok so now thats said...

the bike was stolen i confronted the guy at a cafe in strand... he bought it for 300 bucks off another guy... long story cut short...

i managed to track that guy down and he is the guy that stole it...its like a sydicate or something.

But what i can tell you is that the silver trek was definitely carbon. It wasnt stolen by the guy i saw riding it (he paid 300 for it). as for the guy that originally stole it which i managed to track down... well the cops are sorting that one the last time i checked.

the reason i went through such a mission in this case is ive had bikes stolen before and wanted to see where the trail ends...

Im not racist. it was a description. wasnt a great description and im sorry. next time...better ;-)

I followed the guy numerous times. Dealt with cops and all. Anyone that said the police dont really care... well they are right at the same time as being wrong. there are thousands of reports for stolen bikes so they just dont have the time to sift through them all. and one officer told me most of the time people claim through insurance and are not worried what happens further (they just need to make a case at police station for insurance purposes. ok so now thats said...

the bike was stolen i confronted the guy at a cafe in strand... he bought it for 300 bucks off another guy... long story cut short...

i managed to track that guy down and he is the guy that stole it...its like a sydicate or something.

But what i can tell you is that the silver trek was definitely carbon. It wasnt stolen by the guy i saw riding it (he paid 300 for it). as for the guy that originally stole it which i managed to track down... well the cops are sorting that one the last time i checked.

the reason i went through such a mission in this case is ive had bikes stolen before and wanted to see where the trail ends...

Well done, that is awesome :clap:

Great work! ;)

So we have learnt to trust our guts...and a friendly question never hurt anyone.

I wonder if they found the origional owner...would he be able to buy his bike back from the current owner for R300???

Or will the police just hand it to him!? (which would not be fair to the current owner)