awesome pic of 1940 tour de france

fandacious

I see Jan Uhlrich's Dad and two Uncle's in the front of the bunch, I wonder if the binged on coffee or erzatz????.... or maybe Herr Mengele's secret drug???????

Riding two abreast, thats no good :thumbdown:

At least they are wearing Helmut's!!!!!!!

Was the solo breakaway attempt successful?

I am not sure but enlarge the pics to see the German Stick Grenade Pedals they are using ans well as the uniquely five cross laced wheels made to carry heavy loads such as 88mm anti tank gun shells, jerrycans filled with diesel and boxes of sauer kraut and other things. Those carrying the heavy loads were know as krauts' or diesels. That is where the term diesel comes form in modern cycling. The grenade pedals were later developed into the well known eggbeater pedals because when a grenade pedal is inadvertantly detonated the balls of the Germans soldier would look like it has been through an eggbeater.

Great paceline...

The dude in da front is a bit too fast though. :blink:

shows you how dumb commanding officers are, if it was me i would be right at the back riding slip.

I've never seen this pic before.

Have you ever seen the one of the guy riding along a thin ledge with like a gazillion feet of drop if he gets it wrong? AMAZING. Must I post it for you?

Have you ever seen the one of the guy riding along a thin ledge with like a gazillion feet of drop if he gets it wrong? AMAZING. Must I post it for you?

no!! rather the one where the guy went camping!

Edited by Ronelle