R12.00 Cokes at Tokai

my_intense

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Monark

Come to think of it, you're the first one to get to the most important aspect of this thread - give up Coke altogether! It's a bloody rip off anyway for nothing but seriously unhealthy flavoured sugar water! Simple tap water is much healthier! Juice cost basically the same and is also much better for you. Just don't go for bottled water if getting ripped of is not your thing.

@ Monark

Come to think of it, you're the first one to get to the most important aspect of this thread - give up Coke altogether! It's a bloody rip off anyway for nothing but seriously unhealthy flavoured sugar water! Simple tap water is much healthier! Juice cost basically the same and is also much better for you. Just don't go for bottled water if getting ripped of is not your thing.

We only use tap water here in Nigeria. Nestle Pure Life only costs R2.08 per bottle here..... see how they cheat you guys down there.

I also read that some Safari concerns has totally banned water bottled in plastic bottles adue to the pollution. Visit the Nigerian coast and you will find a windrow of bottles, plastic bags and flip flop sandals about a metre high lining the high water maerk.

We only use tap water here in Nigeria. Nestle Pure Life only costs R2.08 per bottle here..... see how they cheat you guys down there.

I also read that some Safari concerns has totally banned water bottled in plastic bottles adue to the pollution. Visit the Nigerian coast and you will find a windrow of bottles, plastic bags and flip flop sandals about a metre high lining the high water maerk.

Its because most of the market wants to buy expensive water here in SA.

Like this morning: Its the same as me buying 2L of Pick 'n Pay no-name drinking yoghurt for R19, yet all the other parents grab the (same) branded product and gladly pay R10 for 250ml.

we're getting ripped off left, riught and centre here these days, I was in Europe over Christmas and it surprised me as to how many things cost the same there as it does here, coffee in coffee shops - same as at Vide here, grocery stores selling 2 x 2L cokes for 3 Euro's.......three nines are twenty seven, so thats thirteen fifty each......

When i go to hotels i'm there on company expense and i dont even look at the prices they can charge R100 bucks a coke if they want, its not my money i am spending :)

Covie, Covie, Covie, you just gone and blew your argument clean out of the water. Am I correct you are only frugal with your own cash.?

I used to hate it when I took buyers out to lunch and they ordered the most expensive item on the menu, not because they liked it or even wanted it, but because they knew it was expensive and I was paying.

It wasnt because I couldnt afford it, I could, but to me it showed a low self esteem, a kind of spitefull, grabbing attitude I loathed.

I will never forget, I once took a buyer and his wife out for dinner, he ordered two seafood platters for himself and left half, then he ordered another to take home, WHY do people do this?

If a coke at 12 bucks offends you in your personal capacity, surely it should offend you in your corporate capacity as well.?

If you generally go out and enjoy a steak, why order a seafood platter because you are not paying.?

If the shop was at the mast, with its R12 cokes...we would all be happy to pay that, after all that suffering?? :P

Prices at Jhb (shopping centre) restaurants vary between R12 and R15 for a coke.

Rietvlei Bike park is R10, my favourite stop (the Circus - Daleside) also R10.

Same at the Cycle Park. Oh, ja, bought a cappuccino card there. 10 cups at 10 bucks apiece :thumbup:

Perhaps Coca Cola are going through tough times, they've pulled their drinks sponsorship of our race. Now we got to find another way of giving 1000's of fun riders something to drink without increasing the entry costs.

Thank goodness I kicked the Coke habit 22mths ago - I was also hovering around the 2L mark each day.

I need to kick it, at least it is Coke Light though otherwise I would weigh a lot more

My capuchino machine is so awesome I may kick the Coke and do 2L capuchino instead :lol: