Cape Sub Vets

Dicky DQ

I may know of a potential part sponsor for a team, but that would all depend on the costs for kit etc, - what did yours cost colonel if i may ask

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

We got ours sponsored to us cause it is a new line of kit from a Manufacturer so they want exposure out of it.

But in saying that from us racing in it Arauma Carriers has just placed an order for their 2008 kit and they are happy with the price as it was considerably cheaper than other brands and I can say the quality is far superior to alot of local manufacturers.

Call Jean on 083 4078438 for a quote.

Anatomic do our corporate kit.

We also ordered 10 sets (their min) earlier this year.

It was the normal "honeycomb" shirt material, (Hager got a shirt from me on Sunday, he can tell you the quality)

And we use their SILVER range (7mm padding), the GOLD range is 10mm padding shorts.

You can budget on R500 a set, but the more you order, the cheaper the price.

The warm jacket thingy goes for about R380 +-.

www.anatomic.co.zapopeye2007-10-30 01:29:14

Ok guys - the race report is on the blog as well as some other ramblings...Embarrassed

Hope it tallies with what you remember..

Guest colonel

BM: I went over your power stats of the riders in the races on your one blog thing, at the bottom of the one page it tells you that for Elite you must climb at 5w/kg over 10min, 4,5 for SV and 4,5 for Vets.

When I look at the numbers it only shows that Michael V Staden is pushing out the correct wattage for his category and everyone else is under par. Unless I read it wrong?

Cause here comes my question: If I read it correctly why are these riders under performing if they are training with power and have been for sometime now as I know some of them personally? If PT was so correct and the way to go they should by now be able to do what they meant to power wise for their category by now atleast?

This isnt a stab so please dongt take it the wrong way
colonel2007-10-30 05:58:47

BM: I went over your power stats of the riders in the races on your one blog thing' date=' at the bottom of the one page it tells you that for Elite you must climb at 5w/kg over 10min, 4,5 for SV and 4,5 for Vets.

When I look at the numbers it only shows that Michael V Staden is pushing out the correct wattage for his category and everyone else is under par. Unless I read it wrong?

Cause here comes my question: If I read it correctly why are these riders under performing if they are training with power and have been for sometime now as I know some of them personally? If PT was so correct and the way to go they should by now be able to do what they meant to power wise for their category by now atleast?

This isnt a stab so please dongt take it the wrong way
[/quote']

Colonel

It is important to note that I said that to ride with the front group - i.e the best riders in each league. This is only a few in each bunch, and so just because a rider is not at that level it may not be a reflection on his or her training methods.

It is not as simple as - train harder or better and ride with the best. Look at all of the top pro's - safe to assume that most of them train plenty of hours and pretty well, but only a few can stay with the best. Think genetics and also think rider profile - bigger guys are going to struggle to match the w/kg of the smaller guys due to the upper limits of what is achievable in absolute terms.

All that having been said - when I look again at those figures for the Gecko race, I see that of the 3 SV riders, 2 of them were at or above my marker and one was a mere 32w (.4 w/kg) below. Of the 3 vet riders we had one with a dodgy PM as noted, and two that were about 40w down. Both of these guys are big powerful riders and not climbers and both had worked very hard for their team leader in this race and were blown. Of the 2 Elite / junior riders both were pretty much there or above.

The climb was also at the end of a hard race which doubtless affects a riders ability to climb at peak levels.

Doesn't look too bad after all that does it ?

Bikemax - Thanks for the race report and Congratulations on your team's result...and thanks for the compliment.

All 9 of them?? hahaha sorry just bored on a Sunday

Well at least your boys in pink are gonna feel at home - we caught most of them on Saturday Wink

Guest colonel

2 of them actually not most of them and the reason: Sarel fell back with me when I had a problem and jacque has flu and a personal prob at home that is very close to him and hasnt trained at all the last 6weeks and is just racing on race days he should of been caught at every race as far I know by the SV groups the rest of us we havent seen SV all Spring, results show..see ya in Jan...maybe? Winkcolonel2007-11-04 00:43:10