New Saddles

Caerus

Is there anything that should be done to a new saddle before your first ride? Or is it just fit & go

Is there anything that should be done to a new saddle before your first ride? Or is it just fit & go

Unless its a Brookes or similar real leather saddle you simply fit and go.

Oooohhhh. :) Silly me... Geez - I don't know? I suppose that could work - you interested in protecting it for a bit longer?...

What saddle is it? Bound to be someone on the Hub who thought of something similar...

The Saddle is a consumable (in most cases)

Like bar tape and grips and tyres: it is a contact surface.

and fun to mix and match.

When you fall it gets scuffed.

Ride it ... and kill it

I will bless it for sure, thought about maybe giving it a scotchguard.

Scotch-guard is only effective as a water repellent and will not make your saddle water proof. Its more practical to use it on natural fibres. I use to be in the furniture trade.

It is important to allow your B-HIND to shape to the saddle. Strap it to your chair at work and sit on it the whole week. Glare at anyone who asks questions and say "If you only knew the suffering I have to go through..."

try to keep your arse on it and not on the grass/gravel/rocks etc.as for the rest i guess fit and go.

It is important to allow your B-HIND to shape to the saddle. Strap it to your chair at work and sit on it the whole week. Glare at anyone who asks questions and say "If you only knew the suffering I have to go through..."

lol, I did this yesterday.

haha

Oooohhhh. :) Silly me... Geez - I don't know? I suppose that could work - you interested in protecting it for a bit longer?...

What saddle is it? Bound to be someone on the Hub who thought of something similar...

Its a white Spez Phenom Comp Gel(143mm) Dont mind the hardness, its the width I prefer. Your arse is gonna get sore any way :lol:

Get an Assos short, it will make the breaking-in process a bit easier. Rode the recent Boland race on my new Tarmac S-Works with a Specialied Toupe Team (also 143) wearing my Assos, and I could not tell the difference from my previous Prologo.