Shaving of legs?

Lew

Ok, so Im a new cyclist - only be riding since October 2010 & I still don't see the reason that cyclists shave their legs.

Any answers out there?

Lew

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaved legs are easier to clean the bits of tar and dirt out of wounds after a fall, and you get a better massage with shaved legs.

Don't worry I have been trying to cycle for a while longer and neither can I figure out why I should shave my legs,so I don't think there is anything wrong with your thought?I hate shaving my beard, why should I add more work by shaving my legs,huh? come on !!

Shaved legs are easier to clean the bits of tar and dirt out of wounds after a fall, and you get a better massage with shaved legs.

Everyone else is talking personal preference and aesthetics, which is pretty personal anyway. Nevermind then.

Everyone else is talking personal preference and aesthetics, which is pretty personal anyway. Nevermind then.

I share your thought here 100%

Ok, so Im a new cyclist - only be riding since October 2010 & I still don't see the reason that cyclists shave their legs.

Any answers out there?

Lew

I thought it was an ego thing. Alas the truth found me(luckily not the hard way). legs get shaven because:

1. hair sticks to the tar when you fall and slide, therefore causing more damage to your skin when you fall.

2. wounds gets cleaned up a lot easier

3. wounds also heals a lot quicker.

Then again, don't shave! but you will fall sooner or later!

I usually take your route but get shot down, thought I'd try the "they just look cooler" route ;)

Edited by ChainSuck

Ok , so I am the only long hair cylist here today, eish !! I shall keep quite and move on , before I get shaved :D

No need to! I haven't shaven since the 94.7. Shaving sucks though. going for a wax.

I haven't got round to it yet but now I just bought a road bike I probably will. It makes you more aerodynamic too, you will be 0.01 seconds faster over 100km, there is also the weight saving :lol: :lol:

Mmm why dont cyclists shave their arm hairs :unsure:

Or maybe they do and i just have not noticed :blink:

Mmm why dont cyclists shave their arm hairs :unsure:

Or maybe they do and i just have not noticed :blink:

A lot of track riders do, cause they fall, more. On the road,your legs tend to take the brunt of it...

When you fall on the road, you tend to hit the inside of your elbow,and your shoulders, most normal people don't have a lot of hair in those spots... Road racers also sometimes shave their hips...

Edited by TNT1