FAST ONE

Bassman

Guest agteros

Loved the race though, something about racing a road bike :D

You better get on the road bike more often... All that mucking about on the MTB is slowing you down! :o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible parking arrangements. Very dangerous ride. My friend rode cat 4 and ended up finishing in an ambulance.

They really need to do some more research before just changing route.

Narrow roads with no hills to split the bunch up!

Oh well. Now for Emperors next weekend.

You better get on the road bike more often... All that mucking about on the MTB is slowing you down! :o

I am afraid backward ox that you are correct :( - I think more road racing is needed to sharpen the 'racecraft' :rolleyes:

Guest agteros

I am afraid backward ox that you are correct :( - I think more road racing is needed to sharpen the 'racecraft' :rolleyes:

Not that backwards hey? Just not at the sharp end of the race ;)

Terrible parking arrangements. Very dangerous ride. My friend rode cat 4 and ended up finishing in an ambulance.

They really need to do some more research before just changing route.

Narrow roads with no hills to split the bunch up!

Oh well. Now for Emperors next weekend.

I hope they fix the potholes, the section on the R550 past the informal setllement is very bad.

Parking was a mess as been stated. Due to my crap seeding we came in later which was maybe not a good idea. 7 km from the race track we stopped the car and got ourselves ready and cycled to the start. Good thing the mrs came along to drive the car.

Due to crap seeding started in M with my sister. Started of well was part of a break. Noticed sister was taking flak with breathing, was worried about ashma so dropped back to her to check up. She was going to take it easy so I broke and caught the break away again. Had fun but after 70 km's my legs started to take a hammering so could not stay with the break away. Had to settle for 3:07. Can only improve from now on.

Traffic is crap. Waayyy to many trucks for my liking. Will seriously reconsider doing this ride again.

Firstly they should have never changed the route. You took the uniqueness of the race away.

I heard people saying that they moved it as a result of the safety aspect, but i have seen more people in ambulances then any other races. The trucks were just horrendous. I dont even want to talk about the parking, the starting pens, what a joke. It looked liked a kindergarden with no teacher.

Organisers, please get it right or you going to loose alot of interest from the cyclists.

Big up to the SAPS vehicle and motor marshalls for doing a excellent job leading the A bunch, other than that a *** experience wont be back next year!

Crap parking arrangements with loads of people getting stuck.

Wasn't happy to cruse in the mud with the car.

Starting pens were a huge mess as well.

Organisers need to work on this if they want to keep this one alive. :unsure:

Also had bad luck with a puncture 20km from the finish hitting a pothole and the inevitable snakebite!!!

The race did not leeve me with that warm fuzzy feeling! :thumbdown:

I totally agree with you

I waited for 45mins to drive 7km to the race track not cool

Landed up parking on the side of the road was then late for my group start off

Had to trek over a broken fence and tyres while carrying my bike.(lol felt like

I was doing a triathlon.)

Organizers need to up there game in an event like this.

My 1st fast one didn’t enjoy it due to an injury while riding but will look forward to next

Year’s event hopefully it will be managed properly.

Fast and flat (lol did I miss something ?)

Edited by shanster

agree that the organising of the race was dissappointing. the directions that was available on the web was totally incorrect (thanks to google earth i found my way).

the traffic was a huge concern as riding next to the trucks was very scary. some of the trucks were traveeling quite fast.

however, i enjoyed the route.not too difficult. but they should have changed the name of the race. gave all the non competitive cyclists a misconception that this 100km race would be a walk in the park.

but a beeeg thanks to all the marshalls and water point assistant to spend their morning in the heat to assist.

Big up to the SAPS vehicle and motor marshalls for doing a excellent job leading the A bunch, other than that a *** experience wont be back next year!

+ 10000 ! They did do an excellent job!

Edited by Black&Blue

Have entered this race 3 times and yesterday was the 1st time I've done it.

Really enjoyed it.

Parking was a nightmare but I found a parking just outside the entrance then cycled & walked.

Go into the pen with 30sec to go.

The Marshall's were great and BIG up to all the people manning the water points.

Lost my computer 65km into the race.

Managed a 2:46 and finished with the bunch, very happy with that.

Will be back next year.

The parking was the biggest problem. Missed my start waiting in the queue to get to the venue. Race was great.

+ 10000 ! They did do an excellent job!

somne of the very best marshalling I have experienced in A yes!

Parked almost in meyerton

jumped fences and tyres to get to the start

in the rush I forgot my chip (bought new one as group A started)

the first pothole of the race . . . 400m down lost 1 of my water bottles

Managed to stay with group A untill 93km - (till that zig zac part of the race)

Managed to do a 2:43 , and happy as this was my first Fast one.

How does this fast one compare to Emperors Palace Classic ?

route was great and with marshalling made up for bad arrangements at the start, really enjouyed

and whoever E3187 is (hope i have the number righ, black kit and black shoes)you plonker for througing your wrappers in the road - TWICE, idiot

Edited by Tjokkits