Group Rides Tokai or Deer Park

katd

Hi, is there still a group ride in Tokai during the week or does anyone have a regular ride in town that I could join? I'm a female rider looking for some company on rides during the week (and also long rides at the weekend actually). Cheers.

Hi. I ride on Table Mountain for 2 hours about 4 times a week.I pass through Deer Park from Gardens and head to the Blockhouse.I do long rides on the weekend. Training for the Epic. I am no racing snake, but ride to a plan. Weekday rides happen mainly after 4:30Pm

weekly wednesday evening rides from 17h30 in Tokai. We meet at 17h00 to start at 17h30... Rides up to 2 hours, with all (and i mean all) fitness levels. We wait for slower riders at regular intervals...

Tis quite a lekker vibe!

Sorry for hijack... but...I was in Cape town this weekend (i'm from Durban)... and i am absolutely blown away just looking at the riding you guys have available to you. MY wife and i drove down the beach road to Chapmans peak and on to cape point on Saturday morning, and couldnt believe the cyclists. We saw Christoph Sauser traing in Franshoek on friday. Just paradise.... We have it good here in KZN, but summer in Cape is something special... Enjoy it...

kandui/cptmayhem: what's the route to the blockhouse?

up the side of the mountain? :huh:

no idea, mate. yet to ride deer park area! Need to though. But first - replace rear tyre after blow-out. swak.

Hi

I leave from home in Gardens and head up to the Bengis Sports Field where there is a trail which takes you to the Deer Park car park. There is a track which heads towards the Pepper Pots along the side of the mountain. Follow this and at the first split, go left down the steep hill. (this is all above Vredehoek) At the next junction turn sharp right,almost back on yourself. Once you have turned a corner and get a view of Tygerberg, take the left split down the hill and up the other side. Carry on to the next split and head right, up the hill. Now you carry on up , up and up and get a view of the Blockhouse. On the way back down from the Blockhouse you can take the first split left which takes you up to Tafelberg Road. From Gardens it takes about 50 minutes to to the Blockhouse.

I use this route a lot, at least 3 times a week. Check you out there.

kandui/cptmayhem: what's the route to the blockhouse?

You can ride to Blockhouse from Rhodes Mem. From the tar road leading up to Rhodes Mem, take the Jeep Track up and carry on for a bit. When you get to a fork, just take the left route. It's a HORRIBLE ride up! Enjoy. :thumbup:

some mates are meeting at deer park for a ride around 5.45pm tomorrow. 2 very fit, 2 not so fit. anyone welcome to join.

weekly wednesday evening rides from 17h30 in Tokai. We meet at 17h00 to start at 17h30... Rides up to 2 hours, with all (and i mean all) fitness levels. We wait for slower riders at regular intervals...

Tis quite a lekker vibe!

Lekker! Maybe I saw you all there last night? I would love to join you for a spin :) Next week I am away for work but will give you a shout to see if you're heading out the week after.

Hi. I ride on Table Mountain for 2 hours about 4 times a week.I pass through Deer Park from Gardens and head to the Blockhouse.I do long rides on the weekend. Training for the Epic. I am no racing snake, but ride to a plan. Weekday rides happen mainly after 4:30Pm

Shot! How is the training going? I may not be able to keep up with you if you are training for Epic but I would love to give it a try. I know the route up to the blockhouse well but prefer not to go onto the mountain on my own. Shout if you have plans for Mon/Tues next week (and if the wind isn't pomping too bad - I hate that Vredehoek wind).

some mates are meeting at deer park for a ride around 5.45pm tomorrow. 2 very fit, 2 not so fit. anyone welcome to join.

Hi Chubba. I have plans tonight but enjoy your ride - it will be lekker up there today (if a little warm :) ). Maybe catch you next time?

I'm pretty keen to join this mission to the blockhouse, and i'll be your replacement Not_So_Fit rider :P. Thanks for the route info Kandui.

Edited by Capricorn

Thanks guys! Nice to see that there are so many friendly riders in Cape Town. Happy days, will look forward to meeting some of you soon. :thumbup:

Hi Chubba. I have plans tonight but enjoy your ride - it will be lekker up there today (if a little warm :) ). Maybe catch you next time?

thanks katd. will let you know when we ride again.

I'm pretty keen to join this mission to the blockhouse. what is the actual route so I can mission up there by me lonesome when I have time?

this is the short quick loop around 12kms. starts at deer park and goes up and up! cut across on some single track path onto tafelberg road and back down into deer park. most prob do a bit more by dropping down into rhodes mem and around.

post-12790-0-29466700-1296716212.jpg

Edited by Chubba