Tour De Peninsula

Wannabe

Guest Frail4Life

Yeah, should have joined the three that broke away up the hill past the correctional facility..... but alas, all this in retrospect hey.

I was One of those THREE. If anybody try to go, I was there! No one got Away. The only Brake away was at Vissershok Fourway Stop, when I was at the back of the Bunch.

Edited by F_R_A_I_L

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry FRAIL, no Lasses in the mix at this time.

I must say, thats NOT cool.

I might be able to rope in a lady or two.... BOTH ride in L and M, the one having done the DC this year in 9 hours and neighter of them with an Argus over 4hours....

I must say, thats NOT cool.

I might be able to rope in a lady or two.... BOTH ride in L and M, the one having done the DC this year in 9 hours and neighter of them with an Argus over 4hours....

Now you're talking. See how this group now grows. :drool:

Guest Frail4Life

What is the start time? 5am it's still dark, in a few weeks it'll be dark at 6am...

It will be Better to Start at 05h00. For ALL THOSE CONCERNED ABOUT SAFETY, I could tag Mr LIGHTHOUSE along. He has a tendancy of STOPPING ALL Traffic, Day & NIGHT.

Fakes, Wallie, Bones, Spat, wanna join da bunch? :)

Will ask Vallie and Bones to come along

If, BIG IF, we start at 05h00, we can actually follow the complete route. Should not be be too much traffic around that time of the morning. Surely enough riders has lights strong enough to be able to ride in the semi dark!?

WHAT SAY YOU? If riders do not want to do the first section up to end of Blue Route due to safety and legality reasons, we stick with the original plan of riding through the suburbs up to foot of Boyes drive.

Edited by Wannabe

Not to sound negative or anything... what about all the dronkies coming out of pubs at that time of the morning... it's still night dark at 5am. I'm just saying, safety first I reckon.

Not to sound negative or anything... what about all the dronkies coming out of pubs at that time of the morning... it's still night dark at 5am. I'm just saying, safety first I reckon.

I agree, BIG bunch with LOTS of lights should be OK

I do not want to take chances with peoples lives. Should there be enough concerns, we start later when it is not so dark and and stick with plan A.

05:30 start preferred, 06:00 otherwise. Flexible in either direction.

Drunkies also my main concern. As far drunkies go, whether or not it's light makes little difference. It's just that they are more likely to be on the road earlier, rather than later. No guarantees though.

Edited by Pronutro

If, BIG IF, we start at 05h00, we can actually follow the complete route. Should not be be too much traffic around that time of the morning. Surely enough riders has lights strong enough to be able to ride in the semi dark!?

WHAT SAY YOU?

Sadly I won't be doing this ride - pity 'cause it sounds like a great ride with a great bunch of pansies peeps. But riding before dawn on roads that bikes shouldn't be on in the first place? Not so very clever.

Consider the likelihood of a drunk numb nuts side-swiping the bunch going down to Hospital Bend.

I'd suggest riding Main Rd as far as Newlands, then Clipper Road and Newlands ave. to Paradise Rd and join the M3 there. Still naughty, but you will get the joy that is Edinburgh Drive and the blast of charging down the Blue Route.

But, as I am not doing the ride, feel even more free than usual to ignore my comments. :)

But riding before dawn on roads that bikes shouldn't be on in the first place? Not so very clever.

Consider the likelihood of a drunk numb nuts side-swiping the bunch going down to Hospital Bend.

I'd suggest riding Main Rd as far as Newlands, then Clipper Road and Newlands ave. to Paradise Rd and join the M3 there. Still naughty, but you will get the joy that is Edinburgh Drive and the blast of charging down the Blue Route.

I agree...