Bikejacking in Eden (Stellenbosch)

TYGA

I was told earlier today that there was a bikejacking in Eden on the lower part of the downhill course on Monday. Meurant mentioned it in the Dirtopia newsletter as well. 3 idiots ambushed and hit a rider coming down the DH course in the face and made off with his bike, a bright green Santa Cruz Bullit. I don't know the rider so have no details but as it's one of my favourite places to go for a fun ride after work I want people to be aware of what's going on here so we can try and put a stop to this crap somehow.

Apparently there were five seperate similar incidents in Eden during the course of last year so

1. Be careful when riding in Eden and

2. Be on the lookout for a bright green Santa Cruz

The question yet again is, where the hell are these bikes going to!??

Hey, yes the rider is Dumbo - I'm sure you guys have seen him around.

Here is a pic of his bike.

Santa Cruz Bullit frame

Joplin seatpost

Rockshox Totem fork

post-2231-0-83318200-1296739780.jpg

That is just sick man! Maybe we should set a trap for these bastards like the paintball guys did for the pub bike thieve :clap:

Dumbo is fine and luckily insurance is sorting him out. It still sucks and I hope justice will be served. There is a special place reserved in Hell for people like that...

Thanks for the link Marius, I was not following the Table Mountain thread.

I ride Eden solo often or let the wife ride singletrack while I tow the sprog around in his trailer on the jeeptracks so the news that this is going down here is a very big cause for concern.

He took quite a shot, but luckily he's as tough as that bullet and will be back on a bike by the weekend I think.

Here's a better shot of his bike - from Bos' post:

Also, would love to know where these bikes disappear to, I mean you cant just hide expensive top of the line bikes...

post-2231-0-48576800-1296742147.jpg

Edited by nox1111

We should all go to Eden for a run, then when these guys try take the bikes, we can all kick their asses.. I was at Eden last saturday and it was pretty quiet