Chain Reaction boycott

Unicycle

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

Yup and the Spanish has such long noses and also imports steriod tainted meat from across their borders...... they gonna stop that as well?????? ..... PS note the scissors...... it is a Park Tool!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

lol Big_H. u win this thread :lol:

Yep, I'm sure he bought those Park Tool scissors from an (non local) internet retailer as well... :lol: :thumbup:

What really peeves me about supporting local is they supply only a small percentage of parts that are available overseas. If I need a 9 speed chainring or an 8 speed Campag cassette, then i can get it at CRC. Over here the LBS is going to try and tell you to upgrade to 10 speed because he cant supply you what you want.

So for me its way more than just pricing, and until the "local" industries actually "get it", then they will forever be doomed. There is a good book called "The Long Tail", and it explains exactly why the likes of Amazon and CRC are so successful.

While you are at it let's support the buidling industry, the bread manufacturers, Telkom, Eskom, cell operators and all the other industries that rip us off daily. Oh forgot the motor industry. We pay a premium for everything in this country and have the worst service levels at the same time.

Viva CRC and any others out there who have the balls to provide value and service and make money in the process.

It is time to get rid of these bloody agents! Viva

bullk4k. This is nothing more than an attempt to force other, legitimate businesses out the window because they charge less than their fellow stores (online or not)

CRC ALSO advertises. CRC ALSO sponsors. CRC ALSO has hectic overheads. Not from rental, but from website maintenance, employee costs, shipping etc. Is the fact that they undercut most brick-and-mortar shops wrt pricing immoral? No. They identified a gap in the market, and, in my opinion, are doing more to inform the client than most bike stores do when it comes to new products, because they stock a mass of them. And advertise the newbies as well.

It's a farce.

O Ja ..... here in Nigeria we buy New Zealand Mutton, Brazilian Beef, German and Dutch Cheese etc. When we ask the shop owners why not South AFrica they say we are too expensive.

CRC ALSO advertises. CRC ALSO sponsors. CRC ALSO has hectic overheads. Not from rental, but from website maintenance, employee costs, shipping etc. Is the fact that they undercut most brick-and-mortar shops wrt pricing immoral? No. They identified a gap in the market, and, in my opinion, are doing more to inform the client than most bike stores do when it comes to new products, because they stock a mass of them. And advertise the newbies as well.

+1 :thumbup:

What a Joke

I will support Chain Reaction because I get good service and often pay half the price

Free Enteprise is what it is called the days of protecting your high margins with the warm fuzzy feeling the LBS gives is slowly becoming a thing of the past

I tried to buy a bicycle mount for my Garmin, walked into the local store and the guy says 4 weeks. I mailed Garmin SA and they say 4 weeks. How can people take 4 weeks to get stock, I can probably get it from CRC in 4 days and it will probably be less than half the price

any one read the comments that follow that piece of manure sobstory? Pretty much how CptMayhem described it: bullFS

I boycott this boycott, hahaha!

but yeah price and product is what gets my support. Not only are the local prices insane most of the time (there are times that they beat CRC)... but also local bike shops don't cater for my kind of bikes (DH & FR). Most of the stuff I want isn't available here, so of course I'll go where I can get exactly what I want and for a good price.

Edited by patches

Here's a thought... Places like CRC force LBS to adapt to the market. In every industry, the market changes, so too with the bicycle industry. They are forced to become more of a bike servicing and building shop rather than a selling shop.

The more people buyyy from CRC, the more the market becomes flooded wityh parts, the more people can afford bikes, the more need for servicing and upgrading, the more need for people with bike expertise, the better for the industry. The more bicycles on the road or in recreation, the more greener everything is, the safer poeple will be forced to drive...

These days business is global.

Competition is healthy.

The consumer has the right to spend their cash wherever they see fit. I personally shop around and make sure I get the best deal; be it for cycling spares/kit, car parts or contracts for any type of development.

The world is out there at our disposal ... anyone who doesn't take advantage of it ... too bad ... their loss.

That comment is on da money - pun intended.

This is a global village. -_-

I have emailed and contacted a lot of local(Sout African) bike shops with questions. Most of them never replied or didn't actually answer my question. I dropped 1 emeail to crc and they explained everything in detail. Where do you think I'm gonna do my bussiness?

Also the don't stock all the major bike brands and if you do your research you can find stuff cheaper here.

My friend bought a 29er wheelset at crc for half the price he bought it here, then when he wanted to service the wheels the LBS didn't want to because he bought the wheels there. Wats up with that?

Freedom to buy wherever you see fit is wat I say, thought that the LBS would've cought on by now.