yeah thats what I thought...thought its better to spell it out :lol:

we still love you T - girl :thumbup:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geax AKA ......... happy so far.

Tea-Girl ;) Go to you bike shop. Just let them do it. Bargain with them.

Look at my name.... do it.

Edited by Tubeless

Mountain king? Blurgh urgh argh cough splutter. They're awful - no feedback - knobblies too proud - very little grip - terrible rolling resistance...

Race kings front and back. Race kings are as awesome as mountain kings are ***.

Mountain kings are so bad that (if you ride a 29er) I'll sell you a pair that I've done 8km on for R200 each. I put them on for Sani2c, rode 4km, realised how bad they were, turned round, rode 4km home and put Race Kings back on.

Not good marketing tactics dissing the conti's and then trying to flog them in the same sentence lol.

I havent tried a RK RK combo yet, I am more than happy with my Rk / MK combo :) i think the grip is spectacular compared to all the other options i have tried. But that said i prefer singletrack and technical stuff to long distances on jeeptrack.

I gotta set of XT tubeless ready wheels looking for a new loving home :D

Eldron, you give her one tyre, I give her one wheel and she can wheelie her way around the course at the next MTB race... hehehehe

Yes! What a plan :D do it do it!!

Yes! What a plan :D do it do it!!

Right - if you want the mountain kings they're yours. Gratis.

Like I said before though - they're 29er tyres...what size wheels you got?

Right - if you want the mountain kings they're yours. Gratis.

Like I said before though - they're 29er tyres...what size wheels you got?

She's stuck there Eldron, she's got 26ers...guess the hunt is still on :D

She's stuck there Eldron, she's got 26ers...guess the hunt is still on :D

Oi! FishEagle!! Stay out of this!

My brother has a 29er!! He could use them!!

I got a question:

I'm still on tubes, haven't made the switch yet. My question relates to putting road slicks onto my wheels for road training during the week. Are there special tubeless road tyres too for mtb? Or do you have to keep a separate wheelset just for that?

I reckon it will be cheaper in the long run to buy a cheap wheelset here on the Hub and put slicks on, if you are really going to do a fair amount of mileage on tar, as it eats knobblies for breakfast.

OK but that's what I'm saying, I currently use slicks during the week and only switch to nobbies on Friday evening.

My question is about whether you can buy tubeless slicks, or do I have to keep a whole separate wheelset for them if I decide to switch to tubeless nobbies...

OK but that's what I'm saying, I currently use slicks during the week and only switch to nobbies on Friday evening.

My question is about whether you can buy tubeless slicks, or do I have to keep a whole separate wheelset for them if I decide to switch to tubeless nobbies...

Because of the tight bead in tubless tires and needing bomb's or a compressor to do the initial inflate you would not change your tires like you do with normal foldable or wirebead tires. You would need a second pair of training rims. Not to mention that most UST tires are a beeaatch to fit onto a rim because of the tight bead.

but if you want some real advice swtiching tubeless tyres back an forth is a pain cause of the slime and needing to reseat them etc. rather get two wheelsets

i'll be coastal in april, must catch up.

cheers,

mark

hey Tom! i reckon you should be riding during the week and diving on the weekend but thats just my opinion

Griffith, is that you?!

Haven't had a dive since 31st Dec. The ocean won't let me in - too many overflowing rivers sending their brown muck into the sea.

Mtb is my other passion :drool:

Because of the tight bead in tubless tires and needing bomb's or a compressor to do the initial inflate you would not change your tires like you do with normal foldable or wirebead tires. You would need a second pair of training rims. Not to mention that most UST tires are a beeaatch to fit onto a rim because of the tight bead.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Another reason why I won't move to tubeless yet. Would rather continue saving for a new frame instead.