Safe Cycling Lexus & Helivac JHB South

Mighty Spoke

Just a thank you to Lexus and Helivac for an outstanding initiative.

Lexus The Glen is sponsoring an RX350 vehicle, and Helivac provides a paramedic, and they drive support every weekend in JHB South for the 7:00 groups.

It has now been a few weeks, and I for one feel so much safer on the bike. Traffic now respects us, and if there is a fall, instant paramedic!

Thanks Warren Swartz (Lexus) and Shaun Hannie (Helivac)!

• 1 month later...

Yip, we are trying our best. Since beginning of February 2011, we will be on duty every Saturday morning in the Alberton South Areas.

I you get into trouble, please dail the call-centre immediately on 0861 helivac, that is 0861 4354822. The Lexus will be send to your location, as well as a Motorcycle Marshal.

• 1 month later...

Please note that the Lexus Vehicle is no longer manned by an Paramedic. The Paramedic is now on duty with the Helivac Motorcycle Marshals every Saturday from 07:00 on the Lido and Steps routes. It will either be an BMW or Audi A3 vehicle.

The Paramedic can be reached by calling the Helivac Call Center on 0861 4354822. The Paramedic will be dispatched to your location immediately. If there is an Motorcycle Marshal close by, the Marshal shall call the vehicle to the location and assist with first aid until the Paramedic arrive.

Please show your support by asking for a sticker from the Marshals at the start / finish.

I saw a group with a scooter following them one morning...

How can I offer my services to drive the scooter on the odd weekend as my Superbike is to fast to shadow them...

I saw a group with a scooter following them one morning...

How can I offer my services to drive the scooter on the odd weekend as my Superbike is to fast to shadow them...

Well, we use our own bikes to Marshal the Cyclist around. We have plenty a Marshal on a Superbike. For more info, you can mail me on bikemarshall1@helivac.co.za

Please note that the Lexus Vehicle is no longer manned by an Paramedic. The Paramedic is now on duty with the Helivac Motorcycle Marshals every Saturday from 07:00 on the Lido and Steps routes. It will either be an BMW or Audi A3 vehicle.

The Paramedic can be reached by calling the Helivac Call Center on 0861 4354822. The Paramedic will be dispatched to your location immediately. If there is an Motorcycle Marshal close by, the Marshal shall call the vehicle to the location and assist with first aid until the Paramedic arrive.

Please show your support by asking for a sticker from the Marshals at the start / finish.

This is incorrect. The Paramedics in the Lexus are no longer supplied by Helivac but are now supplied by ER24.

Edited by Captain Slow

forgot to mention.....ER24 also supplies an Ambulance that follows the groups as well......

the more organisations and initiatives looking after the cyclists, the BETTER!!clap.gif