Worlds is going to end 21 May...

RABUBI

Not going to debate this one but willing to offer 1000000 to 1 odds that the world won't end 21st May of this year. Any takers?

Settlement date is 22 May 2011

Should score at least R1 ;-) or is there some other "reason" to hide behind?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's very incosiderate of this guy to predict the end of the world 3 months before i hope to do my first Trans Baviaans... Will ask Amarider if they can at least have the 100miler before then..

just prepair yourself in case it happens

I totally agree with you on this one .

You don't wanna be left on earth when judgement day arrives !!!!

Phew !!!! :thumbdown:

Why then are there so many different churches?, with the Seventh Day adventists doing it on Saturdays, the Pope and his Clergy doing it alone, The Mormons doing it more times than Zuma, and the Jehova Witnesses believing in the power of the printing presses to name just a few of the multitude of churches, all who have different interperations of the same bible, and all claiming to have the only "truth"

Surely if it was not open to interperation there would only be one way of believing, and only one Church?

TGIP, i dont have all the answers bud but one thing is for sure, there is no agreement amongst us wich is caused by religion. People interpret the bible instead of waiting for God to reveal things through His word and if you dont spend time in His word interpretation is what happens. All of us would love to claim that we have the truth and the only truth but that is just pride and arrogance.All thats left is love God with all your heart and love your neighbour.I serve a mighty slow God but He`s never late and He has never failed me.One more thing, i know i`m gonna get hammered for this, but i`ve seen it so many times that when the radical unbeliever gives his heart to Christ he becomes a radical child of God.

Blessings

but i`ve seen it so many times that when the radical unbeliever gives his heart to Christ he becomes a radical child of God.

Blessings

That I can vote for.All my heroes of the time died at 27.Jim Morrison,Curt Cobain,Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendrix.I tried my best do die on the same age.Was a alcholic,drug addict.I even smoked dagga made from the Bibles pages .I cursed God ,I hated Him.

After some suicide attempts and a lot of run ins with the Police(shooting in the streets of Ladismith with a firearm),I gave my life to the Lord.Guess how old was I???Yep,27!!

Today I'm serving Him,full out!!

When a unbeliever finds the Lord,there is joy in Heaven.God almighty and the angels rejoice!!!

I'm so glad I'm saved.Somebody once said:

My whole life I prepared for living,saved a lot of money,ate,drank and was merry.But I'm afraid that when the hour come to die, I'll be totally unprepared!

That I can vote for.All my heroes of the time died at 27.Jim Morrison,Curt Cobain,Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendrix.I tried my best do die on the same age.Was a alcholic,drug addict.I even smoked dagga made from the Bibles pages .I cursed God ,I hated Him.

After some suicide attempts and a lot of run ins with the Police(shooting in the streets of Ladismith with a firearm),I gave my life to the Lord.Guess how old was I???Yep,27!!

Today I'm serving Him,full out!!

When a unbeliever finds the Lord,there is joy in Heaven.God almighty and the angels rejoice!!!

I'm so glad I'm saved.Somebody once said:

My whole life I prepared for living,saved a lot of money,ate,drank and was merry.But I'm afraid that when the hour come to die, I'll be totally unprepared!

Yeah, I know ... burn the bastard at the stake etc.

http://www.fairnessproject.org/Religious_Addiction.html

When Religion is an Addiction

I remember hearing popular psychological speaker and writer John Bradshaw say that the “high” one gets from being righteous was similar to the high of cocaine. As both a former monk and addict, he knew the feelings personally.

As the religious right pushes its anti-gay, anti-women’s reproductive rights, anti-science, pro-profit agenda nationally and in state capitals across the nation and wins, that high is a sweet fix for the addicted. It gives them a comforting feeling of relief that they’re really right, okay, worthwhile, and acceptable.

Like all fixes, though, it doesn’t last. So, the addict is driven to seek another and another – another issue, another evil, another paranoiac threat to defeat. It can’t ever end. Like the need for heavier doses, the causes have to become bigger and more evil in the addict’s mind to provide the fix.

etc

Yeah, I know ... burn the bastard at the stake etc.

http://www.fairnessproject.org/Religious_Addiction.html

When Religion is an Addiction

I remember hearing popular psychological speaker and writer John Bradshaw say that the “high” one gets from being righteous was similar to the high of cocaine. As both a former monk and addict, he knew the feelings personally.

As the religious right pushes its anti-gay, anti-women’s reproductive rights, anti-science, pro-profit agenda nationally and in state capitals across the nation and wins, that high is a sweet fix for the addicted. It gives them a comforting feeling of relief that they’re really right, okay, worthwhile, and acceptable.

Like all fixes, though, it doesn’t last. So, the addict is driven to seek another and another – another issue, another evil, another paranoiac threat to defeat. It can’t ever end. Like the need for heavier doses, the causes have to become bigger and more evil in the addict’s mind to provide the fix.

etc

My high has been going for 8 years and going from strength to strength.Religion is dead,with Jesus it's about relationship.

I hope for your sake that one day you'll humble yourself before the King of Kings.He loves you dude,more than you may know.

My advice is not to take my advice or any other christians advice,but to try it out for yourself.Ask Him to reveal Himself to you,He will!You've got nothing to loose.

A friend of mine on facebook had this as her status update:

The flood was in 4990 BC, on the 2nd biblical calendar month, May, on the 17th day of the biblical calendar, which equals the 21st on our gregorian calendar...EXACTLY 7000 YEARS TO THE EXACT DAY AND MONTH WILL BE MAY 21 2011 AS THE FLOOD!!!!! in 14 weeks!!!!! GOD ALWAYS MERCIFULLY WARNS BEFORE DESTRUCTION!!! THIS IS THE WARNING!!!!

Doesn't make sense to me though.... I go with what Cois said about Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32, and Acts 1:7

The flood was in 4990 BC, on the 2nd biblical calendar month, May, on the 17th day of the biblical calendar, which equals the 21st on our gregorian calendar...EXACTLY 7000 YEARS TO THE EXACT DAY AND MONTH WILL BE MAY 21 2011 AS THE FLOOD!!!!! in 14 weeks!!!!! GOD ALWAYS MERCIFULLY WARNS BEFORE DESTRUCTION!!! THIS IS THE WARNING!!!!

Doesn't make sense to me though.... I go with what Cois said about Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32, and Acts 1:7

Is she a good Christian like you? or one of those weird, crazy Christians? :)

Is she a good Christian like you? or one of those weird, crazy Christians? :)

Hmmmmmm, I don't know so much about me being all that good :P

But lately she seems to be putting up some really crazy things on fb :blink:

Hmmmmmm, I don't know so much about me being all that good :P

But lately she seems to be putting up some really crazy things on fb :blink:

I see... well, if she says that Jonah was actually visiting a prostitute when...er... you-know-what happened... that she's probably just taking things too literally! ;)

'kin hell, and we're to believe you are the fruity one!

Copy a screen shot of her status page, 'cause she will feel really silly on May 22.

Acshly she won't. History is full of numbnutses predicting catastrophe based on their interpretation of a bunch of middle eastern folk tales. See William Miller as a classic example. What your friend will do, as Miller did, is issue a re-interpretation on May 22, explaining that she made a mistake and that the real date will be, oh I don't know, sometime in August.

And we know she's wrong 'cause the world is only 6,000 years old, which means that there can't have been more than around 4,000 BC years anyway. So that settles it!

My high has been going for 8 years and going from strength to strength.Religion is dead,with Jesus it's about relationship.

I hope for your sake that one day you'll humble yourself before the King of Kings.He loves you dude,more than you may know.

My advice is not to take my advice or any other christians advice,but to try it out for yourself.Ask Him to reveal Himself to you,He will!You've got nothing to loose.

Thanks, that is a kind considerate reply. I wish you all the very best dude and may you always find happiness.

What about the rapture ?

Fella's, fella's and chickadares who follow this thread, I personally hope that these peeps are right, I am kinda dik with the conditions here on this little planet.

What about the rapture ?

Fella's, fella's and chickadares who follow this thread, I personally hope that these peeps are right, I am kinda dik with the conditions here on this little planet.

Are you out of your mind?

This is the only planet in the entire universe that is known to have:

Bicycles

Beer

Cars

Women

Chocolate

All of which lends credence to the notion that we have already died, and that this is indeed heaven!

(On a related note, there is a lovely and ironical version of hell in "A History of the World in 9 1/2 Chapters" by Julian Barnes.)