Construction 99er RIP-OFF

TheSaint

Why not just say, if you're poor F&%K Off. Why not make the races accessible to all rather, take this elitism in cycling and stick it where the sun don't shine.

The races are accessible to all who:

1. Have a bike

2. Have some way of getting to and from events

3. Can make the time to train

4. Can afford the funny bike riding clothes

5. Can afford the entry fee.

That pretty much looks like **** off poor persons right there.

Good job too. I can't stand having to park my Range Rover Sport on the kerb because some poor person has parked his Toyota Yaris in my way.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just say, if you're poor F&%K Off. Why not make the races accessible to all rather, take this elitism in cycling and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Ag shame, bring me a box of tissues.

I cant afford to do the Epic every year, so I dont. I dont whinge about it, I just do the events that I can afford.

Edited by Foe Fighter

I cant afford to do the Epic every year, so I dont. I dont whinge about it, I just do the events that I can afford.

I would never be able to afford it :(

Trying to compare this with the Epic is just stoopid. Its along way down from your high horse, maybe it would knock some sense into you.

Edited by Caerus

Trying to compare this with the Epic is just stoopid. Its along way down from your high horse, maybe it would knock some sense into.

No, its not stupid, try to understand - everything is relative. I am just making the point that not all events are structured to be accessible to everyone. Thank goodness for this, it keeps the rabble out.

The races are accessible to all who:

1. Have a bike

2. Have some way of getting to and from events

3. Can make the time to train

4. Can afford the funny bike riding clothes

5. Can afford the entry fee.

That pretty much looks like **** off poor persons right there.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif INDEED.

Nowhere in the world is cycling an egalitarian sport for the masses. I mean, just affording razorblades probably excludes 99% of the world population!

Hmmm, I think you've got me itching to go cycling again. Where's my credit card...

No, its not stupid, try to understand - everything is relative. I am just making the point that not all events are structured to be accessible to everyone. Thank goodness for this, it keeps the rabble out.

So then no complaints when some idiot cant hold his line or causes an accident just cause he can afford to be there. Shame for the poor people, even though they might have the talent

You sound like the kind of person that thinks cause he surfs he owns the waves. :lol:

So then no complaints when some idiot cant hold his line or causes an accident just cause he can afford to be there. Shame for the poor people, even though they might have the talent

You sound like the kind of person that thinks cause he surfs he owns the waves. :lol:

The people who ride up in my group know how to ride, no worries there.

No one owns the waves bru, we are all one big happy family in the water. Great example of an accessible sport though, pick up on old stick for a couple of hundred bucks and you have free surf.

A bit of a hijack here, but if you are not happy with the cost for the 99'er, you won't be happy to hear that ticket for the Superbowl final range from $3880 to $8730.

Fantastic... more moaning! :thumbdown:

If you feel you're being ripped off, why not do something about it?? Why not organise your own race? Then you can charge whatever YOU feel like! Problem solved. :thumbup:

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise. A little less so when you have to go out there and actually do something positive with your time and energy.

This is why I love cyclying...the friggin' raw unadulterated agression.....nothing better than giving a skinny (or fat, dont want to be seen as a bigot here) cyclist a PK for daring to shout out; "hold your line you f00kin' poor white bastard")...can't say coloured or black because I aint one. But if I was born before 1954 (which I wasnt Wheelsucka) you could of called me "Coloured bastard hold your line!" , as I was born in Malta and the larneys here didn't like us sort, back in those times !

Me personally, it doesn't take $$$$ or the lack there of to make you a wanker....it's in your genes.

Edited by headhunter

A bit of a hijack here, but if you are not happy with the cost for the 99'er, you won't be happy to hear that ticket for the Superbowl final range from $3880 to $8730.

Whats the superbowl? :lol:

This is why I love cyclying...the friggin' raw unadulterated agression.....nothing better than giving a skinny (or fat, dont want to be seen as a bigot here) cyclist a PK for daring to shout out; "hold your line you f00kin' poor white bastard")...can't say coloured or black because I aint one. But if I was born before 1954 (which I wasnt Wheelsucka) you could of called me "Coloured bastard hold your line!" , as I was born in Malta and the larneys here didn't like us sort, back in those times !

Me personally, it doesn't take $$$$ or the lack there of to make you a wanker....it's in your genes.

Quote of the Day right there :clap:

Quote of the Day right there :clap:

Well said Kev.

I missed that one! Couldnt of said it better.