Oakley fog

Harryn

Check out Rudy Project's new Sportsmask Performance... they have a unique brow interface, which really minimizes the chances of fogging. Mauricio Soler wore a pair in the TdF... check all the pics of him winning that mountain stage.20071102_124945_Soler_Sportsmas.jpg

Don't stop at robots!

LOL

Style Man, shouldn't you come up with a better answer here and introduce the different kinds of glasses available at the moent, their performance and most important what glasses promise that the girl you meet on your ride will have a coffe with you afterwards!?

TheLegend2007-11-02 16:36:49

After having to go thru the huge cost and hassle of sending these Oakleys to the U.S to have the lenses made up in my prescription' date=' there is no way I am gonna fork out more dosh for another pair. There has to be some solution you can get to deal with this issue. Are they optometrists out there who can give any constructive suggestions??

[/quote']

where did you have your prescription glasses done?

I took them to  Lourens Strausse Optometrists in Killarney Mall. They had to send them to Oakley in the U.S. The whole thing took about a month before I got them back - but it was pretty pain free. They gave me v good service!!

Ja Harryn' date=' it's a fogup.  I know too stop mirrors from fogging up some people rub a potatoe cut in half against the mirror.  Just wipe it clean with a cloth afterwards.  Maybe this would help[/quote']

As this seems to be the most constructive bit of advice, I have done this. Will report results after tomorrow's ride!Cool

After having to go thru the huge cost and hassle of sending these Oakleys to the U.S to have the lenses made up in my prescription' date=' there is no way I am gonna fork out more dosh for another pair. There has to be some solution you can get to deal with this issue. Are they optometrists out there who can give any constructive suggestions??

[/quote']

Rudy's with clip-in prescription: the prescription lenses are made and mounted locally, quickly and cheaply.

The coloured lenses are still interchangeable, and I don't lose my prescription.

The prescription lenses fit in multiple Rudys (I have two pairs)

AND, they fog a lot less than my old Adidas stuff.

Rudy's with clip-in prescription: the prescription lenses are made and mounted locally, quickly and cheaply.

The coloured lenses are still interchangeable, and I don't lose my prescription.

The prescription lenses fit in multiple Rudys (I have two pairs)

AND, they fog a lot less than my old Adidas stuff.

This is a wise man speaking. You cannot go wrong with Rudy's... particularly if you need prescriptions.

Ja Harryn' date=' it's a fogup.  I know too stop mirrors from fogging up some people rub a potatoe cut in half against the mirror.  Just wipe it clean with a cloth afterwards.  Maybe this would help[/quote']

I was just thinkng of the potatoe trick, but I couldn't remember whether it was good against fog or whether people rubbed it on the windshield, at the drive in, to get the rain drops to (do whatever) so you can see properly. Now that I think ofit. Why would you want anti-fog at the drive-in when you would like privacy?LOL

Tjokkits... the prescription goes in a metal insert that clips in behind the lenses on the nosepiece, and is interchangeable between different models of Rudy's. 

Some of the Oakley and Rudy frames can take prescription lenses, which are made locally. I had my Oakley Splice fitted with prescription transition lenses, multifocal included. Unfortunately prescription lenses cannot be fitted in the new Flak jackets (like the half jackets). I find this a better option than the inserts, because I'm not going to use it without the inserts anyway.