Garmin Training Centre

Guest agteros

Anyone know how to get an Edge 800 to work with GTC using Win7 64bit platform? Keep getting error messages that it has an issue.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edman, do I need to worry about plug ins for analysis of any training ?

You need plugins for in-depth analysis and things like equipment tracking, but to get the same functionality as GTC, all you need is the Garmin import plugin.

anyone of you got a link for v2.1 ?

SportTracks 2.1

If I were you, I would use 2.1 with the 705. There is a lot more functionality available and if you do a search you can still find loads of the additional plugins for free. With the 705 you can import directly into SportTracks since the 705 uses .gpx files

(I have all the plug-ins on my hard drive, let me know if you need any)

to bring up something from the past as I am doing some homework, its the garmin sports centre a better package than the sportstrack ?

no need to worry about a power meter, as I am looking at a garmin 705 to be able to map routes, altitude and HR zones ...

2.1 should do the the trick, untill you get hooked then you will upgrade. I have been using ST for ageges.

ST3 is not that expensive.

Some plug-inns that I use.

Calculated fields

Dot racing

Garmin fitness

GPS2Powertrack

Overlay

Polar import

Trainingload

Unique Routes

Waypoints And courses

weather plugin

SportTracks 2.1

If I were you, I would use 2.1 with the 705. There is a lot more functionality available and if you do a search you can still find loads of the additional plugins for free. With the 705 you can import directly into SportTracks since the 705 uses .gpx files

(I have all the plug-ins on my hard drive, let me know if you need any)

I dont think you can download ver2.1, the link is there with the option to select dwonload but when you do it returns an error and refers to to download 3 as either free trial version for 90 days or buy the package.

Thanks Scotty, I didnt check that link :blush:

What is the name of that site where you can upload stuff to, share-it? I can upload it to somewhere 1.9Mb?

Ta Tankman, :thumbup: i will try download it from there, I lost 2.1 when i reloaded my laptop.

Ta Tankman, :thumbup: i will try download it from there, I lost 2.1 when i reloaded my laptop.

you dont need it .... for that 705 .... you need something else ....like for the new 805 you are going to buy .. bought

thanks Tankman

looked at the plugins .. i like the equipment monitoring plug in.

also how important is the altitude correction plug in ?

you dont need it .... for that 705 .... you need something else ....like for the new 805 you are going to buy .. bought

Price is still too high :(

I went to Garmin concept store on Monday, are they crazy with their prices :blink:

Thats a good price for brand new 705 full bundle, Garmin Concept priced that at much more.

thanks Tankman

looked at the plugins .. i like the equipment monitoring plug in.

also how important is the altitude correction plug in ?

Difficult to say, I use it though. Some devices are more reliable than others.

Did you find a list for the 2.1 plugins, I can not remember where?