Litespeed Sewanee Rubbish

lagosloonie

I can't see the benefits of putting a "dent" in a perfectly structurally sound round tube other that for aesthetics. If that is the case the introduction of the dent would immediately create a weak spot that would be succeptible to failure. If they say that it is there for suspension clearance, then somebody in their design office f@cked up. I would have been fired for that! It's like designing a sports car and cutting away the top of the fender for suspension clearance... I think not. IMHO of course ;)

No one can really see the benefits of the dent except for the designer that put it there, and I'm sure someone gave the go - ahead for the maufacture of the frames like that, but it was put there by the factory. As a result(the coke can analogy) it has failed.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can really see the benefits of the dent except for the designer that put it there, and I'm sure someone gave the go - ahead for the maufacture of the frames like that, but it was put there by the factory. As a result(the coke can analogy) it has failed.

Agreed. It was probably somebody in marketing who OK'd the design... ;) I agree that the dent in the frame wasn't caused by the "impact", but the rather that the "impact" would have caused the cracks like the coke can analogy which resulted in the deformed dent. As somebody mantioned before, as a frame manufacturer I wouldn't honour the warranty claim either based on the evidence at hand.

lagosloonie - ignore the undeucated comments of some commentators. I think its a simple case of LS passing the buck. Fight back - take it to MTBR forums and post a thread there. There are probably a stack of victims of the poor design in the US - come to think of it why not google it.

I weigh 85kg and hammer my ali raleigh RDS into rocks and drops and have done so for 5 years - sure it aint Ti, but you pay top dollar for light and strong, not just light, so yours should ahve been up to it too.

I would be seeing red with these guys - they deserve some negative publicity in the states too. Plonkers.

Thanks Headshot for the vote of confidence. I have done very little searching and no posting on other sites. i'm away for this week, but i'll get onto it next week. Safe riding

Guest Big H

OK here is a piccie of a Litespeed Sewanee as from their website...... there is no dent visisble as the one Lagosloonie has on his frame. I do not know who he is trying to bullsh!t!!!!!!!!!....., his frame looks as if has been blixemed by a hammer!!!!!

Come on Lagosloonie tell the truth and stop making fools of the Hubbers!!!!!!

If they sold it to you like that then you deserve what you got. Will you buy a BMW , a new BMW with a dent in it??????

post-24-0-04314500-1300110298.jpg

post-24-0-47008000-1300110871.jpg

Edited by Big H

i am just glad i did not pay such a lot of money for a thing that broke that easily be it a design flaw or a rider flaw.if i believe lagoonlonie(and no reason not to)my bike goes through a lot more at any given time.i feel for you and hope you get sorted.unfortunately i am not as clever as some of my fellow hubbers and can only give moral support.

OK here is a piccie of a Litespeed Sewanee as from their website...... there is no dent visisble as the one Lagosloonie has on his frame. I do not know who he is trying to bullsh!t!!!!!!!!!....., his frame looks as if has been blixemed by a hammer!!!!!

Come on Lagosloonie tell the truth and stop making fools of the Hubbers!!!!!!

If they sold it to you like that then you deserve what you got. Will you buy a BMW , a new BMW with a dent in it??????

What about these?

2011 from their site

http://www.litespeed.com/images/2011/Sewanee-Ti(1).jpg

2010 from National Cycles UK's site

http://www.nationalcycles.co.uk/evans/litespeed-sewanee-2010-mountain-bike-frame.jpg

uote name='Mampara' timestamp='1300110874' post='1364252']

What about these?

2011 from their site

http://www.litespeed.com/images/2011/Sewanee-Ti(1).jpg

2010 from National Cycles UK's site

http://www.nationalcycles.co.uk/evans/litespeed-sewanee-2010-mountain-bike-frame.jpg

Somebody jumped on the chainstay. Take it back for a refund.

Ag old man, you should do more research before you make a fool of yourself.

From the MTBR forums:

post-1099-0-42487300-1300111215.jpg

I think that this is the model our lagosmadman has.

http://images-en.busytrade.com/153753500/Sell-Litespeed-Sewanee-Full-Suspension-Titanium.jpg

Looking at the first picture again I will even go as far as to agree that it might have arrived at your doorstep as is.

It's quite smooth and quite uniform.

The second pic looks like impact.

Nope Dangle, that's not it. Mine is disc specific. Since that frame can handle rim brakes, i'd imagine it to be older

Nope Dangle, that's not it. Mine is disc specific. Since that frame can handle rim brakes, i'd imagine it to be older

Have you got any more pictures ?

Guest Big H

From the above picture it looks like the dent was put there for clearance issues.

If you look at the pictures there is NO WAY the wheel can reach the frame. If anybody is stupid enough to buy a ented frame he should not complain.

Velo..... your V6 Cortina is most likely dented so much from all the cane you drink you dont notice dents anymore.