Endomondo.. the dawn of the App age!

RaeTrewBrowne

and if you on a mountain bike, when you fall off you will know exactly where you fell, cause your phone will break and signal lost :unsure:

:lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

lets give one to Frail .. he can do a 1000km's in like one day he's that mad

Could you Get it to me by the 12 th March. It will come in Handy. Trying to Explain where ALL the KM'S came from.

Not a bad Idea. I might have spare he could use and we can track him live.

Edgar, where you live ? Can we get it to frail before the due date ?

Would be keen for him to score some prizes ....

• 4 weeks later...

Endomondo is awesome!

using an iPhone - any suggestions on where and what kind of heart rate monitor i need?

But you are on the internet the whole time you use it.

Well its only MTN that they charge you a minimal session data usage. On VC & CC its as you use it.

Any Hubbers out there enjoying Endomondo as much as I am? if you have a blackberry or a iphone this app is so cool, instead of spending R6000.00 for a garmin, a R30 App does the same thing!

Hi Emo Kid, I used mine for the first time this weekend. Loved it. Just scared me silly when it started 'talking to me'. (I leave when its still dark. Thought there was some ghost rider on my wheel!) Can you tell me how to view elevation. I click on history, but then can only see the split times, km's, km/h and mapping. Thanks

Roer, happened to me as well China. Exactly on the 1km mark some chic started talk to me right out of my shirt pocket. I nearly cheesed myself....

Roer, happened to me as well China. Exactly on the 1km mark some chic started talk to me right out of my shirt pocket. I nearly cheesed myself....

:clap: :D

Hi Emo Kid, I used mine for the first time this weekend. Loved it. Just scared me silly when it started 'talking to me'. (I leave when its still dark. Thought there was some ghost rider on my wheel!) Can you tell me how to view elevation. I click on history, but then can only see the split times, km's, km/h and mapping. Thanks

Only on the web site after it uploaded the workout.

It is a very cool app! Have been using it for 2 weeks on BB.

As far as I know you can turn live tracking off in the options.

(I have not figured out how to turn off the auto "lap" loging.

I would like to use the HR function. Looks like you need a bluetooth enabled Polar belt. I wonder if the Polar guys in Midrand (1HF) will have one?

It is a very cool app! Have been using it for 2 weeks on BB.

As far as I know you can turn live tracking off in the options.

(I have not figured out how to turn off the auto "lap" loging.

I would like to use the HR function. Looks like you need a bluetooth enabled Polar belt. I wonder if the Polar guys in Midrand (1HF) will have one?

I called them on Friday - they dont sell them.

They directed me to another compay - that doesnt do them either!!

Popped into the iStore today - they havent heard of anything like that...

If anyone finds a retailer that does - please let us know...

Just downloaded the app onto a BB Bold (work standby phone) and its much better than Sports Tracker. Very basic and easy to use. Will give it a go tomorrow on my commute as I have the phone till Wednesday morning.

I need to upgrade my wife soon and if VC still have the BB Bold offer then I will take the phone and buy the wife another one.

MrCbrunsdon

Why do you like the edmondo more than sportstracker ?

I am thinking of spending the money and getting the full version off sportstracker as I think its a great piece of software.

MrCbrunsdon

Why do you like the edmondo more than sportstracker ?

I am thinking of spending the money and getting the full version off sportstracker as I think its a great piece of software.

You cant really compare Endo with SportTracks.

Endomondo is tracking software for use with mobile phone or someone that doesnt have a dedicated gps.

SportTracks is training sofware, you can track your training, progress, equipment and much much more.

Rather get ST and dont worry about Endo, it will not offer you anything new except live tracking.

EDIT:

Ok saw now you guys were talking abouts Sportstracker and not SportTracks!

Edited by Tankman