Youngest bike mechanic

GregC

My two , two year olds are also forever turning stuff on my bikes. I dont mind it just worried that they get there fingers stuck in the chainblades.

Yeah I watch her like a hawk. She selected all the tools herself, and tells me what I must tighten and "fix"

My two year old as well. She loves taking stuff and hangs them from components on my bike. Forever finding alen keys stuck under my cables or shoved in my front derailleur.

Nice thing about little ones are that they have small fingers to get into those hard to reach places. My eldest is growing up now so we have added another to the collection that should be here in about the end of July.

Handy things kids are.

.... did she also set your one gear biggrin.gif

Just don't let them spin the wheels and stick their fingers in the discs. They will lose those fingers.

Just don't let them spin the wheels and stick their fingers in the discs. They will lose those fingers.

On the same note I nearly lost a finger like that when the little one decided to spin the wheel .... it was a very close call!

Cute pic. <y two are exactly the same, well actualy more my daughter than my son. So instead of me contacntly having to tweak my rear derailer back into the alignment, I decided to buy them both new bikes and a little tool kit.

Now its "FUN" to fix their bikes when daddy is working on his :P

She "fixes" her plastic Engen motorbike while I work on mine. My bike that is, not my Engen motorbike, I get a professional to fix that.

That's not just good advice for Kids...

...took my Thumb nail off when I did that on my MTB, was used to flicking my rear Road wheel off!

Eina...

Cute pic.

My little boy usually finds the biggest tool and starts hitting things on my bike.

Not so cute...

My son (just over 2 years) always "helps" me to wash my bike, got him his own little bucket and brush, and it almost always ends up with us splashing each other soaking wet. Involving your kids from a young age in what you do is almost guaranteed to get them cycling too when grown up. just so awesome :thumbup:

Cute pic.

My little boy usually finds the biggest tool and starts hitting things on my bike.

Not so cute...

Yip, got the same problem with both mine too! Can't seem to put the tools high enough!