the all mountain bike - myth or reality?

Redline

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lads: what's the story for sunday? Wes, we still rolling? Anyone else?

hey guys - sorry, first my PC and router got damaged by lightning, and then my laptop (which I started working on as a result) died, so I haven't been online at all! I won't be able to make Sunday, and baby #2 is due next week so I'm probably out for the next 4 weeks or so. Really sorry, I was looking forward to it but with all the PC crap it's been mad plus bike is in the shop too :( :( :(

awww sod.. why'd u love your wife so much.. meh.. :thumbup:

anyone else? if not, guess it's shuttles again then..

Cap I am super keen for a ride on sunday morning - trails all the way! Jonkershoek, Tokia, Delvera...? PM me if you keen, and anyone else who wants to trash around on the trails on your ALL MOUNTAIN BIKE - wooohoooo

Cap I am super keen for a ride on sunday morning - trails all the way! Jonkershoek, Tokia, Delvera...? PM me if you keen, and anyone else who wants to trash around on the trails on your ALL MOUNTAIN BIKE - wooohoooo

jonkers after this rain will be awesome! Might be shuttling at paarl either sat or sun, but tokai sounds a plan. When & what time might u be riding at Jonkers or Tokia?

Sunday morning, I rate Jonkershoek....tokia will have 1 giga-billion dudes there. And heaven forbit we ride past david16v, I'll stop and give him a beech-klap!

Ok Sunday morning i would say starting to ride at 9am from the usual parking lot in Stellies...

Damnit, just on the weekend that I would've been able to join you guys, I get hit by what seems like the onset of flu!

If it's a false alarm, I'll be at Tokai on Sunday morning. Cap, I still need to take you up on your offer of a ride on the legend at some stage ;)

anytime MH, anytime :) but just so that you know, my taser will be set to max..;)

and be mindful of that looks like flu, cos if it feels like it, it probably is. the sucker had me beat last week, but it's not letting go. comes and goes. Seems lotsa folk coming down with it.. the swine!

moretrails? 9am? *gulp* it's sunday man.. and stellies is moer far when u still groggy with sleep :P

Edited by Capricorn

anytime MH, anytime :) but just so that you know, my taser will be set to max..;)

and be mindful of that looks like flu, cos if it feels like it, it probably is. the sucker had me beat last week, but it's not letting go. comes and goes. Seems lotsa folk coming down with it.. the swine!

moretrails? 9am? *gulp* it's sunday man.. and stellies is moer far when u still groggy with sleep :P

MH be careful with this flu , Im on my 2nd set of antibiotics, it is resistant to some of them. :thumbdown:

oh and MH: she just came back from the shop. Man, she feels awesome again after all that mud from eden clogged her up a bit. Big up to Devon from Action Cycles :thumbup:

Thanks for the warning Leet and Cap, I'll take it very easy and see what happens. Hmmm, I guess that means staying indoors and utilising the Blu-ray system to the max... Perfect excuse!

oh and MH: she just came back from the shop. Man, she feels awesome again after all that mud from eden clogged her up a bit. Big up to Devon from Action Cycles :thumbup:

Stop the teasing already, damnit!

(I've heard Devon is a bit of a magician, anyone who rides a Commencal has his head screwed on correctly).

yip 9am start. I know its early but gives you a good ride and time for lunch. See you there, i'll be on a white Shova ST.

awww sod.. why'd u love your wife so much.. meh.. :thumbup:

shucks, what can I say :lol:

on the up side, she's going to start riding soon :thumbup:

post-12904-0-61913400-1309695111.jpg

Finally got my Prophet sorted and rolling! Built up entirely from discrete components, frame sourced here on the hub.

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/cycling/Prophet/Prophet_Koppie_s.jpg

More pics here

Took it out to Groenies on the weekend to give it a shakedown, very nice ride. Climbed well, much better that I expected. Downhill handling is great, although just took it down the fast rocky decent there, previously done with my Scalpel which is not meant for jumps and drops. Still have to play with preloads, and suss out that SPV shock, but all done & dusted now and its in great shape. Took me six months, thanks to the interweb for most of the components, and to guys who gave me advice here. I think the only thing I really walked into a shop and bought was the valve stems, sad but true. I would have bought more from shops if they could compete with stock and prices. Also they are not orientated towards or encourage DIY'ers.

Now to find some great trails to pump this puppy! Too bad the Swiss Alps are so far away. There must be some options in the Drakensburg .... ?