Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

I reckon he had tons of talent, as a climber and descender - mtb world champ after all - which may have required being a little dirty, but probably nowhere near as dirty as winning the tour in those days.

He's probably just a bit past it (36 I think?) and suffering from being out of it for so many years.

Yeah, 37 actually, probably getting on a bit now for the big action at the front.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour San de Luis:

'Berto continues good form.

Takes 2nd stage win -summit finish.

Surely, the verdict is due this week.

You know what 'dale, I like 'Berto, he has a good attitude to life, he could have whined and cried about how badly he was done by, and how poor the system is, and blamed the world for his woes, heavens knows he has had to put up with his share of poor press and cynical detractors along the road ..........but he didnt, he picked himself up, dusted himself off, got back on his bike and continued to win race's, I have never heard him bemoan any incident, even when Bruyneel and Armstrong dragged him backwards through the bushes, he stayed his course, he never made a scene, he just puts these issues behind him and gets on with life, I can admire that attitude in anyone, it shows strength of character, which is a damn rare thing these days.

Whatever happens, it wont change the fact he is an athlete at the very top of his game, arguably the best in the world right now at his discipline, and if he is suspended, I think the sport will be the poorer for it.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Good post, GOG...

It is admirable.

Continuing the hard yards of training and the lime light of racing whilst the administrative/political mess continues.

When I climb a hill, I most often visualize this talented rider.

Really wish this matter can conclude - clarity.

Verdict postponed to 06 Feb...

Tch!

When was it due 'dale.? Yesterday I presume.?

Oh well, its not that far away, after so long a week wont be an issue.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/01/29/1/bettiniphoto_0096993_1_full_220.jpg

Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank)

view thumbnail gallery

CAS ruling announcement imminent

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has again postponed the announcement of its decision on the doping case involving Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank). The ruling was expected by January 31 but the CAS issued a comminqué in which it "intends to publish its decision in the arbitration procedure involving the International Cycling Union (UCI), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), Alberto Contador and the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) on Monday 6 February 2012.

When was it due 'dale.? Yesterday I presume.?

Oh well, its not that far away, after so long a week wont be an issue.

Yeah, at the end of Jan.

Now, one week later.

*Andy keeps on SMSing me to ask whether the yellow jersey is being mailed to him or not.*

:ph34r:

Edited by ' Dale

Yeah, at the end of Jan.

Now, one week later.

*Andy keeps on SMSing me to ask whether the yellow jersey is being mailed to him or not.*

:ph34r:

:D - Naa, I dont think so, let him know he first has to actually win before he gets the Jersey. Winning by default doesn't count anyway.

Speaking of Andy, where is he, while 'Berto is out winning stages and challenging for the overall, it appears Andy is at home watching TV.?

:D - Naa, I dont think so, let him know he first has to actually win before he gets the Jersey. Winning by default doesn't count anyway.

Speaking of Andy, where is he, while 'Berto is out winning stages and challenging for the overall, it appears Andy is at home watching TV.?

Last reports were of a training camp in Spain. A few weeks ago.

No racing though.

Last reports were of a training camp in Spain. A few weeks ago.

No racing though.

Hmm, well right there is perhaps the reason he dont have a yellow jersey hanging in the cupboard.

Ouch !

Final Results

1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 26:32:55

2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo Bank 0:00:46

Hmm, well right there is perhaps the reason he dont have a yellow jersey hanging in the cupboard.

Yeah, he's too in love with his brother to concentrate on the race at hand?

Ouch !

Final Results

1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 26:32:55

2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo Bank 0:00:46

Impressive, Levi.

He might be a surprize at the Grand Tours this year.

Hmmm...

Yeah, he's too in love with his brother to concentrate on the race at hand?

Another love sandwich on the Tour de France podium with Cadel coming up?

Another love sandwich on the Tour de France podium with Cadel coming up?

Cute. Cadel won't make top five this year.

Cute. Cadel won't make top five this year.

My top 3, at this stage

Berto

Vroem-Vroem!

Evans