Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

I came across it after the Greek church descent.

Went left along the river, and there it was.

Great Thanks!

Will give it a bash when I'm there next!

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I find that? I usually prefer to bath by the metal bridges on the Red path on the way back to the restaurant.

after the last bridge on the greek church loop turn left - van gaalens via floating bridge

momentum is your friend ride it!

after the last bridge on the greek church loop turn left - van gaalens via floating bridge

momentum is your friend ride it!

I find that the gravitational pull is so much stronger when I go over water!

where is this stairway to heaven/hell situated? after greek church?

I think it is the hard climb after the concrete strips.

after concrete road, you head onto dirt rocky path, then you reach the top, you go over, the road splits to dagga pad, i always keep left and climb the next hill out to go down to river, it would be interesting to know where this new trail is?

after concrete road, you head onto dirt rocky path, then you reach the top, you go over, the road splits to dagga pad, i always keep left and climb the next hill out to go down to river, it would be interesting to know where this new trail is?

When you go over the top it splits left and right. I haven't been to the right hand trail yet but others who have says it is just a more technical route down to the Tanie Miems.

When you go over the top it splits left and right. I haven't been to the right hand trail yet but others who have says it is just a more technical route down to the Tanie Miems.

If I'm on the same page as you, by right you mean the new trail that's at start of the DaggaPad descent, it's a super fun and pretty technical new trail that Erik built a short while back, check out page 12 of this thread for some pics. No idea what the trail's called but I dubbed it "Erik's Revenge"

And you come out quite a way before Tant Miems, so it's no that long... But you'd better make sure your brakes are up to scratch if attempting it!!

I've done it... walked my bike across it :ph34r: :blush:

same here :) I've seen too many cyclists go swimming

"Stay away from the "Stairway to Heaven". Ran it this past weekend. They made a mistake. It is actually oneway stairs straight to hell."

where is the stairway to heaven??

where is the stairway to heaven??

I could be wrong, but i think it was a trail made/chosen specifically for the Crazy Store Trail Run this past Saturday,

Starting somewhere round the Greek Church going up to the top of the Magalies ridge.

If I'm on the same page as you, by right you mean the new trail that's at start of the DaggaPad descent, it's a super fun and pretty technical new trail that Erik built a short while back, check out page 12 of this thread for some pics. No idea what the trail's called but I dubbed it "Erik's Revenge"

And you come out quite a way before Tant Miems, so it's no that long... But you'd better make sure your brakes are up to scratch if attempting it!!

Yeah, that's the one. I haven't been down there but I will.... soon, when my wrist is stronger and I'm fit enough to get up without coughing up a lung. And yes I will take my trail bike with the 203mm Hope rotor on the front, 180mm at the back.

same here :) I've seen too many cyclists go swimming

I've never seen someone take a plunge but I'm always with experienced riders at VG. Don't your feet get wet walking the bike across?

Our 16yo daughter rides it... plus most of the Collarbone route just before it. :P