Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope...about the same, although the greek church descent is shorter.

The toughest descent at VG is oom piets imo...I cracked an ali frame there once. Daggapad is just awesome.

The best route at vg is daggapad out...tant miems...oom piets...greek church...river. give you about 50 odd km I think

Thanks L.T.G.

Is it more rocky than the greek church descent?

Is it all very rideable if you follow the basic techniques. The technicality comes with the speed of descent.

Is it all very rideable if you follow the basic techniques. The technicality comes with the speed of descent.

Are you saying that the faster you go the more tricky it becomes, or that the more speed you carry the easier it becomes?

At SSWC it descended like a homesick mole!

That descent was awesome. I'd forgotten just how good my HT GT was.

Ooooh, I can't wait to ride my new bike at VG!

At SSWC it descended like a homesick mole!

I've got major SSWC withdrawal symptoms! :mellow:

I've got major SSWC withdrawal symptoms! :mellow:

LOL, me too! I'm kinda like, what now? It was THE main event of 2012 for me.

Maybe we should do a reunion SS gathering somewhere, sometime soon....

LOL, me too! I'm kinda like, what now? It was THE main event of 2012 for me.

Maybe we should do a reunion SS gathering somewhere, sometime soon....

maybe a lap or two of Erik's awesome new XC course, beers and reminiscing one Sunday afternoon?

Are you saying that the faster you go the more tricky it becomes, or that the more speed you carry the easier it becomes?

Richard.... did you manage to find Daggapad? if so, how as it?

Richard.... did you manage to find Daggapad? if so, how as it?

Sadly our maid / nanny had a calendar failure and took this Wednesday off instead of next. Needless to say this left us in a state, and going for a ride was not an option.

Thanks L.T.G.

Is it more rocky than the greek church descent?

Richard, here's a bit of an idea what you can expect from DaggaPad... that's IF you can make out what's going on here..

I've edited one other video recorded on my GoPro , I've still got lots to learn.

I sped this up a touch too much, ok perhaps tons too much, but i was trying to get the whole route in without it becoming boring...

my camera was also pointing a pube's width too low! ok ok way way too low.. :blush:

anyway hope it helps..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZCuF4zHWs&feature=relmfu

Edited by L.T.G

Thanks.

I only watched the first 2:30 and then the room started bouncing, but it doesnt look as bad as the Greek Church decent, although it could be an illusion.

Thanks.

I only watched the first 2:30 and then the room started bouncing, but it doesnt look as bad as the Greek Church decent, although it could be an illusion.

No, no illusion.. it's a horrible video :thumbdown:

I'll rework it and even if a bit longer, I'll slow it down so all can see better without getting motion sickness :wacko:

Trails must be nice and tacky after the rain...Recce tomorrow..SS all the way. Brewskies after...good way to spend a Saturday morning.

They're pristine rouxtjie... if there's no more rain today, the miniscule amount of mud that was there this morning should be dry....

Hope I HTFU by next week.. SS'ed as usual, but almost burst a poo poo valve up concrete road, which is normally doable (never easy!) till i lose it on the loose rocks a bit, but today I was stuffed :thumbdown: !

Edited by L.T.G