Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

I was out there today, I got lost again. At least now thanks to my new Garmin I can see where I went wrong.

Had a moment when myself and another guy on a Spez came towards each other around a gentle bend at pace. There was a nice drop to the river on the one side. We both grabbed a handful of brake, I went into a nice slide, he went into a bigger slide and just about slid 90 degrees. It was quite an exciting moment that ended well as we ended up next to eachother (still on our bikes) and greeted each other. I wonder if he's a hubber.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out there yesterday too...first time...also got lost somewhere near the greek church then ended up on oom piet...was great fun tho...maybe garmin is the answer...

I was out there yesterday too...first time...also got lost somewhere near the greek church then ended up on oom piet...was great fun tho...maybe garmin is the answer...

Pack a lot of water and get lost out there a few times! Its the best way to learn the trails and also adds some fun to the ride.

Now days when I ride that side I always plan my route so for a stop at the Spaza shop for a refill!

Pack a lot of water and get lost out there a few times! Its the best way to learn the trails and also adds some fun to the ride.

Now days when I ride that side I always plan my route so for a stop at the Spaza shop for a refill!

i def didnt have enough water...but its all a learning curve...

Hey rouxtjie, mind finding out about Tuesday and posting whether they'll be open or not.

I'm still away at the moment.

Bit of late reply...but yes, spoke to Eric...they are open tomorrow and apparently there is a group ride with Eric that starts at 7:30 on new trails not yet open to the public....very tempting.

I have also seen markers for new trails...top of daggapad as you cross the little metal bridge...new arrow to the right. Had a epic ride on Friday...that place never fails to dissapoint

Yebo...stoney after the slabs are a lifesaver :thumbup:

oh just a quick one, some of the signage coming down from oom piets have gone awol...Do not trespass onto the farmers land, if your radar tells you, you are going back on yourself turn back...if you pass a house with a big black truck with the green M of monster energy drink...you are going wrong. This oke won't take stront is getting iritated by 50 mountain bikers racing through his yard...take note

rouxtjie is this the split at the bottom once youve done all the technical stuff?where u should turn left...to the right there is a no cycling sign?

After being away for a couple weeks and last riding at VG on Easter Saturday, I've been dying to hit the trails...

went out this morning ...

and what an awesome (as always) ride i had! the trails are so fast at the moment.

just wanted to share some pics i took.

post-6012-0-39269900-1336224598.jpg

post-6012-0-79308700-1336224614.jpg

post-6012-0-83148700-1336224631.jpg

Edited by L.T.G

What you waiting for??

Im asking myself the same question. I'll go next weekend when Im not behind the books.