29 Frame Size

GlennSCrooks

I am a 5ft 11" male weighing a hefty 90km.. I currently riding a 17" trek top fuel 26er (It is a little small for me)..

I am looking to purchase a 29er frame and was wodnering what size I should purchase? Obviously it is a bigger than a 26er..

Please help ?

Why do you say the 17" is too small for you? Is you seatpost past it recomended line or do you feel cramped? Don't worry about the seatpost thing. If you are cramped then yes, it is too small. Measure the virtual top tube of the current bike and look for something that has a longer top tube. You will need something which is about 50-80mm longer before you will not notice a difference.

Use the above, but also check the fit on the actual bike. My 26er is almost a 21inch but due to the slope on the frame of my 29er I am comfortable on a 17.5 inch.

Hi. Bit of a hijack. I ride a small 16" hardtail. I like a fairly racey position, so not so upright on the bike. ( the roadie in me)

Can this work with a 29'er in a small frame. I see some manufacturers don't even make smalls. What are the chances of getting a racier position on the 29'er or will it be very upright ?

The question then becomes, does a small rider rather go for a 26" Dual ?

Once again sorry for the hijack, but a dilemma I am also having.

I am buying a frame from a fellow hubber and want other's opinion on what size I should get..

I have a seat post that is 350mm and I am literally at the Max recommended height..

I don't cramp however I do get pins and needles in my hands ..

Hi

I have just changed from 26 to 29er. went from a 19.5inch to an 18inch. you definitely don't want to go to a bigger frame - the new 29er feels more comforatble than the 26er i've been riding for 4years.

my 2cents worth