Road Hogs

Motorist

I cannot believe you lot who try and justify beaking the law. Don't like the law? P!ss of to the UK, cause they have roundabouts and not stop streets or some such crap. Step up and start being part of the solution, not part of the criminal masses. FFS!

Oh, and a word to the wise, skip a stop street in the real world, and you go a long way towards having your license revoked, and I reckon if you're an arrogant, better than the law cause I know what I think is right, kinda moron here, you'll be the same kind of moron anywhere.

"Oh, and a word to the wise, skip a stop street in the real world, and you might go one way"

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

en hier sit ek en wag vir 'n heated debate.

Ek dink goverment moet elke Pedal Power inroep, 'n Eenmalige R500 levy op jou eerste jaar subscription plaas en dit gebruik deur die Pedal power en race Org, om jou 'n baaisiekel liksens te issue met jou detail op (ID etc).

Dan kan die wets toepassers jou stop, jou arse in jail gooi omdat jy 'n ongeregistreerde voertuig gebruik op 'n openbare pad,

Dan kan julle wetters wat so kla oor motoriste en oor rooi robots ry, in julle geragses op spinners sit en fietsry.

Ek dink goverment moet elke Pedal Power inroep, 'n Eenmalige R500 levy op jou eerste jaar subscription plaas en dit gebruik deur die Pedal power en race Org, om jou 'n baaisiekel liksens te issue met jou detail op (ID etc).

Dan kan die wets toepassers jou stop, jou arse in jail gooi omdat jy 'n ongeregistreerde voertuig gebruik op 'n openbare pad,

Dan kan julle wetters wat so kla oor motoriste en oor rooi robots ry, in julle geragses op spinners sit en fietsry.

Wel met al jou geK@k en kerm het jy darem 6000 posts :thumbup:

I don't think the righteous bicycle-riding lawbreakers like being called out on it much.

3000 daarvan was oor die rooi lig ryery

2000 daarvan die campy vs shimano debate

500 vir condolences

500 vir al die girls op die site wat my nie kan uitlos.

:D

3000 daarvan was oor die rooi lig ryery

2000 daarvan die campy vs shimano debate

500 vir condolences

500 vir al die girls op die site wat my nie kan uitlos.

:D

? How many for the TAG and the pool manual?

The law does not even gets properly enforced wrt to motorists now you would like to add to their allready "hectic" schedule.....

Motorist should clean up their act before pionting any fingers....stop talking on their cellphones, weating seatbelts.....bla bla bla....

If only we all stopped pointing fingers at others and looked at ourselves...

Fair enough....then why do you want to preach to other cyclist?

Because guys like you are the reason motorists get pissed off. Self righteous, arrogant, self vindicated, always right, never wrong, hypocritical, list goes on.

I spent 800-900km a week on the road last year and followed all the laws of the road. My training was never affected and I didn't once get into a bad situation with a motorist.

One of my friends was killed during this time and we buried her because of **** like this that goes on on the road yet the arrogance of the average cyclist continues. Instead of people, from both sides growing up and realizing that the world is a shared place and should be kept safe and reespectful for all we get guys like you who argue on forums like this and just make it worse.

Maybe one day the average South African will grow up, loose their pride and get on with making this country a better place. Until then we will continue to loose friends on the road and stay on the loosing side in the battle of the road.

hey a big thanks to the group of cyclist (they had supersport shirts and toyota pants )that i passed this morning there must have been about 30 of you and you were all in the cycle lane . now thats the way to lead by example

hey a big thanks to the group of cyclist (they had supersport shirts and toyota pants )that i passed this morning there must have been about 30 of you and you were all in the cycle lane . now thats the way to lead by example

It IS a plot by cyclelab to discredit club100 :clap: :o

Don't believe you without photographic proof!!!! :rolleyes: :D

The Rules of the Road specifically for pedal cycles according to the National Road Traffic Regulations:

311 Riding on pedal cycles

(1) No person shall ride a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is seated astride on the saddle of such pedal cycle.

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.

(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.

(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.

(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his or her view or which prevents him or her from exercising complete control over the movements of such pedal cycle.

(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so with at least one hand on the handle-bars of such pedal cycle.

(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal cycle on any other portion of such road.

(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at ail times.

SO No standing up in the saddle, and no passengers on a tandem either. So if you get get run over by a car whilst seated at the rear on a tandem or standing then it is your fault because you are a law breaker! Saw two people on a tandem standing the other day - shocking! Race winners note s311(6) (Said with toungue firmly in cheek) The law is not always the best measure of safety - common sense is - although on our roads that seem to be in extremely short supply by ALL road users.

:clap:

i cycled with some friends this morning in the dirt-road-and-singletrack area behind midrand / centurion (no idea where, but i rememebr a sign pointing to gerhardsville at some stage). we were on a narrow jeeptrack. red bakkie came from the front, so we pulled over into singlefile and the bakkie pulled over to the side while we passed. i was in the front and waved thankyou, and i heard every one behind me shout thankyou, and a wave & smile from the bakkie driver.

it is possible. we must just get respect back :D

The Rules of the Road specifically for pedal cycles according to the National Road Traffic Regulations:

311 Riding on pedal cycles

(1) No person shall ride a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is seated astride on the blablablablablabla SO No standing up in the saddle, and no passengers on a tandem either. So if you get get run over by a car whilst seated at the rear on a tandem or standing then it is your fault because you are a law breaker! Saw two people on a tandem standing the other day - shocking! Race winners note s311(6) (Said with toungue firmly in cheek) The law is not always the best measure of safety - common sense is - although on our roads that seem to be in extremely short supply by ALL road users.

i noticed the tongue in cheeck ... and agree about the common sense.

it's not about who's right or wrong, but about respect to each other - from all sides.

Can someone please explain to me where is this "cycle lane" the original poster keeps referring to?

Totally agree with Crankit01, club rides are often the worst. Cyclelab and Club 100 in Cape Town specifically, should marshall their riders in a far stricter manner. It just seems that safety in numbers with cyclists seems to over rule abiding by the laws, almost bringing with it, a sense of bravado over traffic. No matter how you look at it, the cyclists in this photo are in the wrong, no question, objectively speaking and under road rules in SA!