Road Hogs

Motorist

you are so correct here but once again i hear the guys saying SO WHATS A FEW SECONDS IN A MOTORISTS LIFE well i have said it befor on this thread and i will say it again for the guys who just dont get it . . nobody would mind if we only had to go around one bunch of cyclists but it is when we have to go around 5-10 groups of inconsiderate cyclists in a 10km trip that it gets a bit much especialy when you have to do the same trip everyday . and believe you me if i saw that many tractors on the road in one day hell i would go and get my tractor just to join in cos them i know "die Boere"are about to get involved in something important

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a triathlete in the paceline? Thats wrong. He should be 10 meters behind the group or 10 in front. :D

But, I don't see why you should be single file in the yellow lane. It is safe for two abreast, and if you really want to get close to one another, 3.

Yes that is a triathlete,(first time he rode with us) and he moaned all the time that the pace was to heavy, but he stuck like... well you know what. If we hit a small climb the guys go two abreast. the yellow line is wide enough with space to spare

you are so correct here but once again i hear the guys saying SO WHATS A FEW SECONDS IN A MOTORISTS LIFE well i have said it befor on this thread and i will say it again for the guys who just dont get it . . nobody would mind if we only had to go around one bunch of cyclists but it is when we have to go around 5-10 groups of inconsiderate cyclists in a 10km trip that it gets a bit much especialy when you have to do the same trip everyday . and believe you me if i saw that many tractors on the road in one day hell i would go and get my tractor just to join in cos them i know "die Boere"are about to get involved in something important

:lol:

if you can guarantee me you take the same care when it comes to stop streets and traffic lights. :clap:

Stop at stop signs and red lights? Not likely with a 36km/h average...

What a bad response from you, the cyclist.

Its a disgrace that you want to justify this as correct.

Are you just stupid or braindead?

Next time a newspaper article appear were a cyclist lost his/her life, hope this picture comes to mind.

This motorist have all the right to picture the reallity and try to show you how bad you ride on a public road.

Dont be so dammm stupid !!!!!!!!

Oh,......... I'm cycling almost 30 years, so please question my knowledge about cycling on public roads

One of the stops leading to this road we are on is on a down hill, to do a dead stop at the bottem? mmmmm almost never happens.

Why? Don't your brakes work?

and believe you me if i saw that many tractors on the road in one day hell i would go and get my tractor just to join in cos them i know "die Boere"are about to get involved in something important

The bokdrolspoegkampioenskap? :unsure:

Yes that is a triathlete,(first time he rode with us) and he moaned all the time that the pace was to heavy, but he stuck like... well you know what. If we hit a small climb the guys go two abreast. the yellow line is wide enough with space to spare

I have the same problem riding with the club. thing is, most clubs , only cycles. Then us triathles comes with, after a week of 60k cycling, 20k riding, another 8 swimming. And you expect us to stick with you fresh legs. :angry:

But we are tough, so we stick... :D :P

What a bad response from you, the cyclist.

Its a disgrace that you want to justify this as correct.

Are you just stupid or braindead?

Next time a newspaper article appear were a cyclist lost his/her life, hope this picture comes to mind.

This motorist have all the right to picture the reallity and try to show you how bad you ride on a public road.

Dont be so dammm stupid !!!!!!!!

Oh,......... I'm cycling almost 30 years, so please question my knowledge about cycling on public roads

Justify what as correct???

Why? Don't your brakes work?

Yes the breaks work fine, but should we stop and unclip? we can manage a "stop" without clipping out and some motorists sees this as not stopping, although we are almost standing still behind the white line

Yes the breaks work fine, but should we stop and unclip? we can manage a "stop" without clipping out and some motorists sees this as not stopping, although we are almost standing still behind the white line

Stop means not moving, not almost standing still. If you can't do a track stand, then I guess you need to unclip and put your tootsies down. Yeah, I know it's difficult. Last year some arsehole on a bicycle rode into the back of me cause I stopped at a red light, and then picked a fight with me about it. Weedmod assures me the moron in question is indeed an arse.

track stand,

That’s the word. That is how I stop, but some motorists sees this as not stopping and then through toys,

Stop means not moving, not almost standing still. If you can't do a track stand, then I guess you need to unclip and put your tootsies down. Yeah, I know it's difficult. Last year some arsehole on a bicycle rode into the back of me cause I stopped at a red light, and then picked a fight with me about it. Weedmod assures me the moron in question is indeed an arse.

I'm all for the right thing to do not the legal thing to do.

Coming to a DEAD stop at a stop street is silly whether you're in a car or on a bicycle. I have no issues with people rolling through at a few km/h - as long as they have slowed down enough to make the junction safe for everybody.

Laws alone will never make the roads safe - respect/good attitude/patience/forward planning/not being distracted/staying alert - these are the things that keep people safe not "coming to a dead stop" style law enforcement.

Coming to a DEAD stop at a stop street is silly whether you're in a car or on a bicycle. I have no issues with people rolling through at a few km/h - as long as they have slowed down enough to make the junction safe for everybody.

Laws alone will never make the roads safe - respect/good attitude/patience/forward planning/not being distracted/staying alert - these are the things that keep people safe not "coming to a dead stop" style law enforcement.

So the the fact that I propose that a group takes up an entire lane is wrong yet you say it is OK not to Stop at Stop Street!! bmmmmm......

Careful now, Popeye will call you 1 a disgrace 2 stupid and 3 brain-dead?

That’s the word. That is how I stop, but some motorists sees this as not stopping and then through toys,

Yup. There was a letter from a motorist in The Star addressing a column written by my brother in the lead-in to the 94.7 some years back, saying how he wanted to just drive over cyclists doing this at robots.