How to Align disc brakes ?

Dean111

I'm yet to see a rotor that runs 100% true. They are fairy flexible. Bike shops would use a special tool, but I've just used my hands to slightly bend the rotor to correct for minor wabble. In your case, get them to sort out though while you there and dont leave before you are 100% happy !! Enjoy your new bike :)

Brand new bike?

Weird!

Glad they replacing the bike for you!!

Good luck with the new 1!

Got the new bike on Tuesday, it's an upgrade for the suppliers did not have the 800 in stock so i got the 1000 and am happy with the service from them thumbs up to the team !

However now i found after removing all the stickers that one of the cranks have a chip in it, seems like the manufacturer's or distributers or whoever covered it up with a small sticker. Anyway, i really don't feel like hassling the shop again so i'd rather buy a new crank it's the one opposite the chainwheel, what does a new Deore/SLX Crank cost ?

And what about an XT one ? What prices am i looking at + - ?

Thanks

Edited by Dean111

Loosen the Allen bolts holding the caliper, squeeze the brake lever so the caliper aligns itself and retighten the Allen bolts while still squeezing the lever. The caliper has got elongated mounting holes so it can slide and align itself with the disk.

+1 i use this method and it works perfectly.

Got the new bike on Tuesday, it's an upgrade for the suppliers did not have the 800 in stock so i got the 1000 and am happy with the service from them thumbs up to the team !

However now i found after removing all the stickers that one of the cranks have a chip in it, seems like the manufacturer's or distributers or whoever covered it up with a small sticker. Anyway, i really don't feel like hassling the shop again so i'd rather buy a new crank it's the one opposite the chainwheel, what does a new Deore/SLX Crank cost ?

And what about an XT one ? What prices am i looking at + - ?

Thanks

Why worry, they will get scuffed anyway.

Why worry, they will get scuffed anyway.

I agree, my mountain bike shows the many battle scars. As long as the bike functions I am not to worried about the scratches.

With regards to Linden Cycles they have always been really helpful to me. When I first got my bike I asked them questions about aligning breaks, changing tyres, breaking chains etc. They were very willing to teach me the basics.

That is why I buy from them. After sale service is outstanding.