CWC dissapoints!

nox1111

Just a thought here but could this not be a rival bike shop's evil ploy to badmounth CWC just before Argus Silly season?

Ok so it wasnt set up - um phone them and ask them to put it right - they will with a smile.

If they then refuse then maybe it warrants a rant but come on? This interwebs complaining is a load of bull. People take responsibility!

Did your wife pay for a setup? did she get on a scale there for them to get the pressures right? :blink:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt a lady would share her weight anyway....lol

The reason I hate CWC is cause I always buy stuff....I blow my salary there....Feb it was a new frame....then Saturday i got a new saddle....I think I must ban myself there for a while....

Wow, what a response... The OP had a genuinely bad experience, it doesn't sound like he is making stuff up just to flame CWC. Give the guy a break. He has justified why the bike could not go back to them and also clearly explained his gripes with the service he received. He hasn't said CWC is terrible, don't use them, just that he had a bad experience (he also seems to have clearly stated that this might be a very isolated case).

Why are his comments not fair, but someone who doesn't have their call returned from another shop is justified in saying how terrible that shops is? When you're in a service/retail industry dealing directly with the consumer, you don't often get second chances to prove yourself. If I go to a shop and they don't perform to my expectations then I will be irritated and probably not go back there. If I get great service 10 times and they slip up on the eleventh then I will be a lot more understanding (which is the view all of you guys are taking on it).

Rather try defend them by saying that you have never had a bad experience there than try to put him down for posting about his bad experience... Let other hubbers decide for themselves from that. I know CWC has had great exposure on here and therefore I would happily use them, but now I know if I ever buy a bike from them (or any other shop), I must take the time to ensure it is set up correctly before leaving with it.

Exactly, an isolated case, so speak to the shop first.

The heading says clearly that CWC dissapoints.

Why air it on the Hub ?

To get maximum exposure and also to use a public forum to vent his anger ?

I get de moer in often, but don't feel the need to bring it here.

The second part I highlighted holds water, and that is the problem with The Hub, it's become a place to vent, comment and remark on all things negative, yes even a mere phone call, I don't see this changing, as this has become the norm in this place, so in light of the norm, the OP did a damn good job.

The Hub is meant to be a place where people with something in common can go to in the day to get away from their problems and share and read about experiences with and from others, but NO, lately all there is on here ,is constant bickering and moaning and groaning, makes one wonder why someone like BigS decided to leave the place.

And no, I am not a CWC groupie, have never been there in my life, but there are more amicable ways to deal with things in life.

I doubt if there is one bike shop that has not had something go wrong. I have had the most awesome service from a LBS where they built a new wheel for me overnight, only to have the same bike shop get it wrong a few weeks later with my crank.

Give them the opportunity to make right and its how they deal with this opportunity that will have me return.

Quit having a go at Nox!

We all know shops mess up!

BUT THEY SHOULD NOT! The customer pays big $$'s for equipment....!

This is the business THEY,CWC, chose to be in!!!

GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME.....CHECK CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK!!

I think CWC has just lost a customer, hopefully cycling hasn't!

:thumbdown:

I dont think anyone is flaming him for posting about CWC but its the way he went about it to get a response from CWC. I mean comon surely you phone the shop FIRST to try and resolve an issue.

Not cry about it on an open forum hoping for CWC to respond.

People do this type of thing to get a response from the bike shop (or any other shop for that matter) and get stuff for free because now they have to respond in a big way on an open forum. (dont get me wrong i am not saying that this is the case with this guy)

Hallo nox1111.

Hallo Nox 1111. I am very sorry and do apologize for any inconvenience caused with your girlfriends bike. Would you please be so kind to contact me on 0836404823 or PM me and I will call you back immediately.

I will personally come to Stellenbosch today to collect the bike and will make sure that you have it back later this afternoon or on the latest tomorrow.

regards

Chris snr

Edited by Chris Willemse

I didn't think it was a battle to start off with... it seems a lot of guys on here likes bashing me now for listing my experience...agreed I should have spoken to the shop. As I said it is not possible to take the bike back there to get the problems fixed.

So yes; learn from my mistakes - both the fact that you don't say something (even if true) on here if you step on toes, and to speak to your bike shop before saying anything on the hub... especially if the shop in discussion has a major following!

I would not worry about being bashed around dude, you have every right to complain about the poor service experienced , funny how every one else can complain about other shops , brands, issues with out limit but now you treading on toe s because its ' cwc' your complaining about! how about a cup of shut the hell up!!! :offtopic: :offtopic:

I think the main thing we can take from this is when you get your bike back from a service or brand new, take 5 mins to go over it and check the mechie has not made a mistake somewhere. We are all human and mistakes can and will happen.

My bike has come back from a service now. And I will be checking it tonight before riding tomorrow.

I will personally come to Stellenbosch today to collect the bike and will make sure that you have it back later this afternoon or on the latest tomorrow.

You may have to drive to PE to fix this one… :o